cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not detecting the HDMI

PsicoFlames
Explorer
Hi all,

I tried to set up my Oculus Rift yesterday and after 5 hours I'm still stuck in this stage. I managed to fix the drivers for the sensors (CV1 issue) and by updating the drivers while it was connected it worked. Now my problem is that it's not detecting the HDMI for the headset (I'm using a Predator laptop).

When I plug it in, the headset turns on and I can actually see the computer screen through it (however not very clear). Still, the loading symbol still appears in the setup screen, and there's no way of moving on. My PC has two graphic cards, an integrated one (Intel) and a dedicated one (Nvidia GTX 980M), and I've read that the HDMI port has to go to the dedicated graphic card. I checked and that's my case, so that's not the problem. I also have everything updated, drivers and GPU.

My doubt is why can I see the screen in the Oculus headset but at the same time it's not detecting it? Does anyone have the same issue? Any solution possible? (Hopefully it is a software problem...).
3 REPLIES 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have you disabled the dedicated one ? I think there was problems with M series cards but I may be wrong. Anyway try disabling the Intel onboard.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Laptops are notoriously problematic for Rift. Some newer ones may work but, in general, most laptops will not be compatible at all. One thing you can try is using a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter (if your laptop has a DisplayPort output), this can sometimes work. Otherwise, it may be a good idea to use a desktop machine.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PsicoFlames
Explorer
Hi! Thanks both of you for the answers! I used a Displah Port adapter for the HDMI and now it detects it, however, I still couldn’t see anything through the headset. What I did was to roll back Nvidia drivers to its previous version, and now I can see the screen is not completely black, but still can’t see anything... 😞