Oculus Go ADB driver not installing "The INF file you selected does not support this method of insta — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Go ADB driver not installing "The INF file you selected does not support this method of insta

fungusmanfungusman Posts: 29
Brain Burst
I get the error "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation". I found one topic on the forum but the solution didnt make sense in this context. I asked me to install a sensor driver that has nothing to do with the Oculus Go.

Comments

• EvilFischiEvilFischi Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem here :/
  • fungusmanfungusman Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    I have the same problem here :/
    Any progress on this? I haven't had a lot of time to look into it further.
  • alanlee0406alanlee0406 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I got the same problem, anyone can help?
  • gotgalfgotgalf Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Let me guess. You tried this in Windows 7?
    Won't work. It works in Windows 10. That's the sole reason, why I set up a Windows 10 VM on my Linux computer.
    For Windows 8, I can't tell.
  • alanlee0406alanlee0406 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I see what you mean .. thx for telling me that ^^ .. so I will need a win 10 for VR development, is that correct?
  • gotgalfgotgalf Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Not for VR development in general, but for the Oculus Go, being a brand new device, there are only Windows ADB drivers for Windows 10.
  • fungusmanfungusman Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Thanks for the solution. I did try this on windows 7 you are correct. I will try this when I get home.
  • tyler.gadd01tyler.gadd01 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to install the AVD drivers onto my Windows 10, but when I try to open or install the inf, it opens as a txt file. Very confused on this. Any advice?
  • Eric455Eric455 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    DanR said:
    To get this working on Windows 7, go to device manager. You should see "VR headset" with an exclamation symbol next to it, signifying no driver. Right click, select "Update Driver Software", choose "Browse" and select the folder containing the extracted drivers. You'll see "Oculus ADB Interface" once complete.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! spent couple hours trying to fix it and was able to run it on windows 7!