New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

OCULUS MEDIUM CRASH .

lucasaguirrelucasaguirre Posts: 18
NerveGear
edited July 2018 in Oculus Medium
Oculus Medium suddenly crash and crash, i used it last week and it was ok. 
Now even after reinstalling it i get the white screen and Fatal Error. Medium has crashed.
Anyone else having this kind of issue? its very frustrating

Comments

• lucasaguirrelucasaguirre Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    edited July 2018
    All my other vr apps,like Quill for example,  run normally, i cleaned all Medium data and reinstalled again another time.. 
    Same white screen and "Fatal Error: Medium has crashed".
    I got to use it for work so it really sucks.
    Anyone experiencing this problem with 2.0? I have windows 10, i tried running as administrator. Nothing works.
    thanks.

• jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 244 Oculus Staff
    What is the graphics card you're running on? Can you also confirm you're using a Rift? 
    NerveGear
    edited July 2018
    Hello, thanks for the response. Im using a Oculus Rift, and been using the software since last year. I use it for work so im in a rush to get it working again. I have a nvidia gtx 1080.and Windows 10. Was working perfectly , and all my other vr apps are working perfectly (Quill, TIltbrush, etc) just yesterday it started doing this error again and again. A white screen and "fatal error, Medium has crashed" . 
    To this moment i reinstalled and swiped all system from any Oculus medium data and re installed Oculus Home 2 times. And im still at point zero.Truth is im clueless right now. :'(

NerveGear
    i also runned all as administrator and nothing worked. 

Oh dear! Can you send over the Oculus_Medium.log in C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log ? 
    NerveGear
    Here it is , thanks much.
  • ReinBijlsmaReinBijlsma Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I solved my crash by reinstalling the latest Nvidia drivers, which I already had installed, but appearently something went wrong the first time.
    @ReinBijlsma Thanks for that, it seems like we're getting a bunch of reports where the installer isn't actually updating. People can double check driver versions via DxDiag and update accordingly, hopefully that will fix a lot of people.
  • SivveSivve Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. Tried reinstalling graphic driver. Tried going off-line since this was an earluer problem.. something with open GL if I remeber correctly. Nothing works. I will try uninstalling. This is not the first time we get fatal error crashes on Medium.. I really love your app, but the disturbancies getting it to work is a problem.
  • Clark117Clark117 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue and would love to get Medium 2.0 up and running. I'm getting the fatal crash error as well. Any ideas? Below are my specs.

HP Z420 Workstation, 1x Xeon E5-1620 3.6GHz Quad Core Processor, 16GB DDR3 Memory, 1x 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295, DVD-RW, Windows 10 Professional Installed, SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 100406NT+8GOCL 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Okay, some answers for you guys (if you've already made sure that you're on the most up to date GFX drivers - at this writing, NVIDIA 398.82 and AMD 18.51)

@lucasaguirre - I got your logs, can you try deleting your Preferences folder and trying to run again?

@Clark117 - The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295 could be messing with your graphics. Maybe try without that and plugging the machine directly into your monitor? Please also remember that your Rift must be plugged in directly to your GPU. If this doesn't work, could you send through your logs?

@Sivve - Could you post your logs as well? C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log
  • Clark117Clark117 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Jessicazeta, 

My apologies, I copied and pasted the specs from my purchase. The NVIDIA Quadro should have been removed as I took it out and replaced it with the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 I listed. 

I did get Medium 2.0 working. My whole setup was running incredibly slow. After some testing I found my hard drive was spun up 100% whenever operating. I replaced it with an SSD and it significantly improved my performance and Medium 2.0 doesn't crash on startup any longer. In short: My faulty hard drive couldn't keep up with Medium 2.0.