cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update out? Yes, No? Where can I see?

sCOREscream
Explorer

3wqhhx31c8js.jpg

The whole day I see this Error if I try to start my Rift. But is there an update out? Where can I see if an update is running? Why did we not get informed that on this or this date is an update coming? With mail for example, would be nice. I tryed to show a group of people Oculus Rift today, and all the saw was this Error, now they are not that happy and will not buy their own Rift, with it I lost my future Rift Friends 😞 

10 REPLIES 10

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Click on library in Oculus home then click on updates, it'll list anything that is updating there mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion

3wqhhx31c8js.jpg

The whole day I see this Error if I try to start my Rift. But is there an update out? Where can I see if an update is running? Why did we not get informed that on this or this date is an update coming? With mail for example, would be nice. I tryed to show a group of people Oculus Rift today, and all the saw was this Error, now they are not that happy and will not buy their own Rift, with it I lost my future Rift Friends 😞 

Could you gather your logs so I can have a look?

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Techy111 said:

Click on library in Oculus home then click on updates, it'll list anything that is updating there mate

He won't be able to see as this pops up when the windows app fails, we can know more when we have a gander at the logs.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Of course  :s
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

sCOREscream
Explorer
First of all thanks for the help. I've added the logs.

LZoltowski
Champion
Ok,  judging from the log, DISABLE Norton completely.

Run setup from oculus.com/setup and choose "repair" ... something got corrupted by your antivirus 

Be kind to one another 🙂

sCOREscream
Explorer
Ok, thanks. I will try. BTW LZoltowski: YOU're AWESOME - you helped me no about 3 times. Thank you so much.

sCOREscream
Explorer
Ok, thanks. I will try. BTW LZoltowski: YOU're AWESOME - you helped me no about 3 times. Thank you so much.

sCOREscream
Explorer