Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.29 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
Rift 1.29 Public Test Channel Release Notes
  • Dash:
    • A new Belt: Improved hover states and materials give the belt a more modern look and feel. Come check it out!
    • We've added new contextual menus for panels within Dash. You can open them by aiming at a panel and pressing B or Y.
  • Home:
    • New performance improvements reduce load times and smooth rendering.
    • Animation for Custom Assets: Home now has basic animation support for custom assets. Models will now loop the first animation found in the .glb file. Note that Morph Target and Skinned animations are not currently supported. More information is available in the the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Unknown sources: We are improving how we show 3rd party apps in your Library; for some apps, we are also giving users the ability to edit titles and add custom command prompts. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
40 REPLIES 40

Digikid1
Consultant

I got the firmware update last night too, pretty surprising since I've never seen any firmware updates happening before. Is there any info on what exactly was changed in the hardware?

Some feedback on the new Dash:

- I like the cleaner look of it.
- Finally the clock is instantly visible! Thank you!
- However, the hover icons above the clock are veeeery small and hard to aim at. Please make those bigger if possible.

And, finally, a question regarding performance: you have changed the "graphics" tab in the Dash settings panel, where we now get an "Anti-Aliasing" option to turn on/off. Does this affect only Home or everything displayed in Rift? I.e., is this a one-size-fits-all anti-aliasing solution for all apps or really just for Home? And where have the Home-specific graphics settings gone?

Bingo on all points....except the AA settings which have always been there.  I used them a couple weeks ago.

Like the new watch as well....although Fitbit may come after you for it.  LOL!!!!!!!

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Okay, my bad. If the AA setting was there before, then what does it do?

Digikid1
Consultant
Just gets rid of "Jaggies".  Basically it smooths out diagonal lines to that they appear smoother.

Knightshade.Steve
Adventurer
lovely, Dash mouse control please.

MadMax1998
Adventurer

Digikid1 said:

Just gets rid of "Jaggies".  Basically it smooths out diagonal lines to that they appear smoother.

Yeah I know that's what AA does in principle 😉 But my original question was, is this AA option affecting ALL apps running in the Rift or ONLY Home? Because it does seem like it would be a setting for everything shown in the Rift.

Digikid1
Consultant
oh.  On that note I am not sure.  I am guessing just in Home since it is only in Home that you can access it.

Just a guess though. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

Yeah I know that's what AA does in principle 😉 But my original question was, is this AA option affecting ALL apps running in the Rift or ONLY Home? Because it does seem like it would be a setting for everything shown in the Rift.

I am pretty sure it is only in Home, seems I recall this question getting asked and answered back when they first put that option in.
Perhaps Cyber can confirm.

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Cool, thanks guys!

cybereality
Grand Champion
The graphics options are for Home itself. It doesn't apply to games or other apps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant

The graphics options are for Home itself. It doesn't apply to games or other apps.

Ah.  I figured as much.  Thanks Cyber.