Good day all!
Lets get straight to the point.
Laptop specs: ASUS Zephyrus M G501 (VR Ready)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8750H, up to 3.9GHz on all 6 cores
OS: Windows 10
Graphics: Gforce GTX 1070 8GB
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
So the issue im getting is the typical HMDI not detected.
There are a few strange things happen when i connect the rift..
1. its instantly recognized as a second monitor and extends screen to headset
2. when i check device manager its recognized in monitors as generic PnP Monitor
3. all audio goes to rift
Of course ive been doing some research before coming here so these are the things ive tried so far that DIDNT work.
1. update Nvidea drivers
2. turn back drivers as early as possible
3. download nvidea driver 388.59 >> unable to instal
4. adjust PhysX settings in all possible ways
5. reconnect hdmi, both at pc and headset
6. use thunderbolt connector to HDMI (4K) works! but i get red and blue lines
7. tried all the above while projecting the rift in duplicate screen, extended screen and screen off
8. all of the above after restarting pc and disconnecting everything
9. in device manager > universal serial bus controllers > extensible host controller switch off option at power management
So yea, its a challange and im out of ideas.
Please, if anyone has an idea i havent tried before do let me know. cos now my rift is just collecting dust