Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.29 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
Rift 1.29 Public Test Channel Release Notes
  • Dash:
    • A new Belt: Improved hover states and materials give the belt a more modern look and feel. Come check it out!
    • We've added new contextual menus for panels within Dash. You can open them by aiming at a panel and pressing B or Y.
  • Home:
    • New performance improvements reduce load times and smooth rendering.
    • Animation for Custom Assets: Home now has basic animation support for custom assets. Models will now loop the first animation found in the .glb file. Note that Morph Target and Skinned animations are not currently supported. More information is available in the the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Unknown sources: We are improving how we show 3rd party apps in your Library; for some apps, we are also giving users the ability to edit titles and add custom command prompts. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
40 REPLIES 40

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you are using Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) and already have global super sampling (SS) set above 1.0, say 1.5, how does this effect Oculus home graphics settings?  Like some other apps/games they are often additive (or multiplied).  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Raunhofer
Protege
Some points about the new Dash:
  • A visible clock is a great addition.
  • I like the new context menu.
  • Opening transition of the context menu looks pretty buggy as it creates a hole to the window behind.
  • Other animations too are a bit painful to watch as they don't seem fully smooth.
  • Oh no, where is the quick launch menu? I really liked how you could launch games fast with it, no matter what window was on top.
  • The new volume/reset buttons are way too small.
  • I actually preferred the previous glass-like look of the Dash, but this is fine too. Maybe skins some day?
And idea:
  • Could the context menu have a "minimize all windows" button? I often like to hide all tabs and doing it with a single click would be great.

Messerjack
Honored Guest
Hello everybody,

have the problem that since the firmware update apparently every few seconds for the fractional part of a moment the connection to the touch controllers is lost.

That does not just happen in motion. Even if I immobile in HOME in the headset just watch the hands twitch every few seconds and change for a moment the position. In games the controller disappears for a brief moment.

--

EDIT: Reinstalled USB Drivers and it worked fine again  :s :'(

Taomyn
Protege

Edit2: Also, assigning B and Y as context menu buttons is bad because that means we are unable to right-mouse-button in the desktop using the Touch controllers.

I agree with this, the "press and hold" of the main trigger is not always working especially with system tray icons and the browser.

---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Don't know if this is just coincidence or not...
Ever since 1.29 installed I get errors upon first PC bootup with my Headset. Get error message in Win 10 that a USB device failed to initialize and not working properly.  Device Manager shows one of my two USB3 root hubs to be disabled as failed to initialize. Running them in the Innatek Card and showing the latest Windows drivers dated 6/8. Everything been rock solid for the last several months until yesterday when it happened for first time, which happened to be the same time I got 1.29.

A reboot of the PC gets it back and all is well. Would be curious if any others are experiencing this.

For whatever reason, this seems to have all cleared up for me over the last couple of days.
Probably gremlins LOL.

Achilles007
Honored Guest

dburne said:

Ever since 1.29 installed I get errors upon first PC bootup with my Headset. Get error message in Win 10 that a USB device failed to initialize and not working properly.  Device Manager shows one of my two USB3 root hubs to be disabled as failed to initialize. Running them in the Innatek Card and showing the latest Windows drivers dated 6/8. Everything been rock solid for the last several months until yesterday when it happened for first time, which happened to be the same time I got 1.29.

A reboot of the PC gets it back and all is well. Would be curious if any others are experiencing this.

Hallo Dburne bei mir ist genau das selbe Proplem Aufgetreten nur das sich der Fehler nicht durch einen Neustart Lösen lässt

Taomyn
Protege

I am unable to pull any window out of the desktop with 1.29. This makes me a sad panda. :'(

I figured this one out - you have to press both triggers on the same controller to pull a single app out, press the main trigger to choose it in Windows, then keeping it down press the other one to pull it out as before.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

MadMax1998
Adventurer

dburne said:

Hallo Dburne bei mir ist genau das selbe Proplem Aufgetreten nur das sich der Fehler nicht durch einen Neustart Lösen lässt

Hey guys, try booting your PC *without* the headset connected to USB. Look in Device Manager and see if the USB controllers are all initialized. They should be, because if the firmware update for the Rift causes them not to initialize, then unplugging the headset before booting should resolve this.
*Then* after checking the USB controllers, plug the headset in. Now see if the PC recognizes it.

I use an Inatek card as well, but I never boot my system with the headset connected (for other reasons), so I always connect it after booting. And I have not had any problems with my USB ports after the firmware update.

If this still doesn't fix things: do you use "Fast Startup"? That would explain why a REBOOT fixes the issue while a BOOT from shutdown causes it. Right click Start, go to Power Options, in the new window (Windows settings app) click the text at the bottom or to the right saying "more power options" (or similar). Another window will open, showing your power plan. Select "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left, then click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" to unlock the Fast Startup setting. Then UNcheck "Turn on Fast Startup". Here's a link to this... https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Shorter alternative: open a command prompt with admin rights and type: powercfg /h off

I don't use Fast Startup and I've never had problems with the card, USB ports or the headset not connecting. But if you use Fast Startup and shut your PC down, then boot it back up (with the headset connected), it might cause the issue.

So try these two things and report back!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Original post has been updated:
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Unknown sources: We are improving how we show 3rd party apps in your Library; for some apps, we are also giving users the ability to edit titles and add custom command prompts. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MadMax, in my case the issue seems to have resolved itself now.
Not sure why, but it is not doing it anymore.

And no I do not use Fast Startup. Thanks again!