cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How in the world do we invite or join our friends in Marvel Powers United VR?!

charlesspurgeon
Explorer
Every time either one of us gets online and launches the game, we then go to the 'party status' or 'find a party' option and cancel it so that we can send an invite to each other.  This takes us to the oculus home style menu where the game is shown on the left, and the friends list on the right.  The problem is we never show up on the friends list for the in-game invite system!         Yet we can clearly see each other in the game from the oculus home menu, and we can clearly voice chat and party up  in oculus home.  Is the invite and join game system on this game completely broken at release?!                              Can we not join our friends game or invite them to our own?   
9 REPLIES 9

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Have you tried inviting through the Match Status screen?

heu5asgic0du.jpg

When I click on "Invite Player" a list of people on my Friends List opens up.

charlesspurgeon
Explorer
Hmm weird.   That doesn’t happen to me.   Nobody on my friends list shows up.     Maybe if we are on the same WiFi it won’t work?  

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It may take a minute or so for the "popup" to appear showing your friends list. Click on that Invite option and then wait a minute or two and see if it works for ya.

charlesspurgeon
Explorer

Zenbane said:

It may take a minute or so for the "popup" to appear showing your friends list. Click on that Invite option and then wait a minute or two and see if it works for ya.

No, when i click on 'invite player' it takes me to that screen that says, "your activity" with a picture of marvel united under it, and then to the right it says, 'invite a friend' and nobody shows up in that list.                        

charlesspurgeon
Explorer

Zenbane said:

No, when i click on 'invite player' it takes me to that screen that says, "your activity" with a picture of marvel united under it, and then to the right it says, 'invite a friend' and nobody shows up in that list.                        

my problem was i was all excited for this game to come out, and my expectations were high.... so needless to say i was in for a major let-down when i found out i couldn't play with friends....one of the most basic  things in any game centered around multiplayer doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
For all those that have been frustrated by this.  I have your solution.  This game was apparently designed for use with the new Oculus Beta 2.0 home.  If you have this option turned off,  you are still using the older Oculus home interface, and won't see any friends listed to invite.  To fix this problem,  when you are on your desktop (not in the oculus headset) go to settings in the oculus software and then select Beta,  then down below turn the switch on for "Rift Core 2.0 Beta".  Now when inviting a friend it will show a friends list box overlaying on the game screen instead of taking you out of the game to the old Oculus home.  Now enjoy the games with your friends!

EvoEpitaph
Explorer

For all those that have been frustrated by this.  I have your solution.  This game was apparently designed for use with the new Oculus Beta 2.0 home.  If you have this option turned off,  you are still using the older Oculus home interface, and won't see any friends listed to invite.  To fix this problem,  when you are on your desktop (not in the oculus headset) go to settings in the oculus software and then select Beta,  then down below turn the switch on for "Rift Core 2.0 Beta".  Now when inviting a friend it will show a friends list box overlaying on the game screen instead of taking you out of the game to the old Oculus home.  Now enjoy the games with your friends!

Unfortunately none of my friends show up in the list of people. I get a bunch of random strangers, most of which are offline and couldn't join anyway. What an epic fail.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My solution was simply for the friends list to appear.  I cannot help you with who shows up in that list.  I have seen what you are talking about, but I also had my friends listed that were actually playing the game.

WetDripzzz
Honored Guest
cdw