cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rockstar Games - La Noire The VR Cases.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot get into this game at all. When I am transferred to Rockstar to sign in at the bottom there is photographs and boxes to tick before you sign in. Well I have spent a great deal of time ticking all the right ones but it puts me onto other photographs ie cars. roads. shop front etc. I have had enough with this piece of nonsense and will therefore be unistalled from my pc. I have had the game for over a month and have only got through twice during that time. I am 66 years old not a youngster. Never again will I purchase a game with this type of security it is pants.
18 REPLIES 18

cybereality
Grand Champion
Okay, I see what you're saying now. Let me speak with the team about this. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

lonevvolf
Protege
Thank you for taking this seriously. Rockstar support is - to put it bluntly - completely inept. Even to the point where they send stock answers multiple times without even reading my responses. I do believe that the only way that they will take this seriously is with action from Oculus. 
The same issue is mentioned in multiple reviews of the games on the Oculus store. 

lonevvolf
Protege
Folks, I have the fix for this.  If you install the most recent version of the Social App from Rockstar (from their Manual Link to Social Club Application Download article), you will get the "Social Club Latest Setup.exe" file.  THIS IS A LIE.  That version is 1.2.3.8.  You need to rather download the installer from: http://patches.rockstargames.com/prod/socialclub/Social-Club-v1.2.4.0-Setup.exe

After installing that version, the connection goes straight through.  Let me know if that helps you out!  I can't wait to try the game tonight!  🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great info. Thanks for sharing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tjort
Honored Guest
Thanks, lonevvolf. Nice investigating! This indeed seems to fix all the sign in problems with Social Club that I was having as well. I've been fruitlessly answering tickets at Rockstar support for weeks now. Pretty incredible that a non-working version of Social Club is being shipped with the game...

I still am having other problems with this game (crashing, black textures), but at least this problem is fixed.  🙂

lonevvolf
Protege
Damn, although the Social Club logs in now, I get the message "Oculus failed to initialize" from the LA Noire game.  I can't stand this!!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cybereality - Will Oculus please contact Rockstar and ask them about this? I really want to try this game, but not in this state..

lonevvolf
Protege
It’s really terrible. Every time I fix one issue, there’s another. I can start the game if I put it in Windows 7 compatability mode. But then it was freezing up. So I had to delete the settings.ini file. Now, the entire game is too dark too see anything (basically pitch black). This game is a disaster!!

lonevvolf
Protege
So after the LA Noire updated released 3 days ago, it looks like many of the issues have been resolved.  I guess it is no longer necessary to install the Social Club client on your own, since they updated that.  Also, they recommended an NVidia Hotfix driver in the update notes:
GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 398.98:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4694
and this seems to have taken care of the black screen (no lighting) issue.  I was finally able to play a bit, and if you can overlook the fact that it's missing some polish, it's not a bad game so far.