cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED! I repaired Oculus and uninstalled - Now I cant install at all

Jackwilly92
Honored Guest
(I now saw afterwards that I posted this on general and not on Support, Im trying to find out how to delete this post, not sure yet.. )
Hi,
yesterday I downloaded Oculus Rift for Touch and also installed everything, it all went ok, then when it came to the configuration of the Headset and this stuff happend:
I could connect the 2 sensors, the Headset usb, BUT NOT the Headset Hdmi- we tried all kind of things, we updated drivers to the latest for both nvidia and usbs. We looked at troubleshooting for this issue and found alot of things to try. We tried to just plug out and in the cord that goes into the VR headset, we tried alot... 

Finally we talked about just trying to uninstall it or repair the software, we pressed repair and apperantly the whole software (4,83 GB) needed to be downloaded again.
It seems like it had been uninstalled from the computer, anyways now we are here:
When I press the OculusSetup for installation it goes quickly from 0 bytes to 4,83 GB (like the files acually exist on my computer) and then it says "INSTALLING...", but it never finishes, it says like this:
Restart the computer. 
An error occured during the installation. Restart the computer and try running the Oculus Setup again. Om you still have problems contact Oculus Support. 
(
This might not be the exact error message since I translated the message from Swedish to English)

We've tried restarting the computer several times but the same thing happens again and again.
We've also tried downloading the Rift-patch installationpack, but whenever we start it this message occured:
Already Uninstalled.
Oculus Setup is already uninstalled. If you're having trouble, please contact Oculus Support.

We sat 5 hours last night and I really just want to start. I would be so glad to get this working. Thanks so much!

ps:
This is a link to my laptop and its specs if needed to solve  the problem: 
https://www.mediamarkt.se/sv/product/_lenovo-legion-y520-15-6-gaming-laptop-80tv01bemx-1303540.html#...
12 REPLIES 12

Yes, if you're cleaning and fixing the registry with whatever program you choose might as well install the OS again, you'll damage the computer for sure

Jackwilly92
Honored Guest
Hey guys, 
Ive had the Oculus about 2 months back and it has worked great. Altho I downloaded WoW yesterday and also GeForce Experience to update my drivers, I have a GTX 1060 and updated my driver to  version 399.07. 
Since then my Oculus Rift is lagging a bit and it is utterly annoying. Is there some kind of way to solve this or do I have try to get back my old driver? (also I dont remember which one i had before)
Thanks in advance. 

I figured it out by myself.
Stupid me didnt google enough before I posted this 🙂 Anyways if anybody else has this problem just try this:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-rollback-nvidia-drivers-in-windows-10/

BYE 🙂

I noticed your post after I posted my issues and decided to try. Rolling back my driver fixed it, thanks.

Power of the Beard Gaming
Mixer.com/daedric_angel