cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you going to fix the sensors "Poor tracking quality" finally!?

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
For fucks' sake when are we going to have some kind of ability to refresh the sensors without going through entire sensor setup! EVERY TIME I restart my computer I'm greeted with different scenario. One time every sensor works. Another, one doesn't. Then the next time I turn it on, both don't work. 95% of the time they will "wake up" after fresh restart, but ~60% of the time if I use it my computer like normal chances are they will not "wake up" then I have to go into reset sensor tracking, start moving the sensors from USB port to another USB port, and I have NOTHING else plugged in into USB 3.0, just the rift. NOTHING else is using the bandwidth. I browse the fucking internet that's it. It's been like that for OVER a year now since I purchased! FUCK THIS SHITTY ASS SYSTEM!!! Fix it, or give me easy way to wake 'em up, WITHOUT going through lengthy process of resetting!  FUCK YOU!t1xmcrcrivdm.jpg
50 REPLIES 50

MowTin
Expert Trustee
These kinds of issues are impossible for most people to deal with. That's why VR will never take off until it's in a console that doesn't need tech support. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

kzintzi
Trustee
I get this and ti's fairly easy to fix - I unplug and replug in the sensor :tongue:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

ShocksVR
Superstar
I just put on the headset and the warning goes away. I've also done a reboot and the warning goes away.  I think it may just be a detection issue upon first launching the software.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

ShocksVR
Superstar

MowTin said:

These kinds of issues are impossible for most people to deal with. That's why VR will never take off until it's in a console that doesn't need tech support. 

I fully expect Rift CV2 to have streamlined sensors.  Either sensors like Lighthouse that communicate wirelessly, or only needing 1-2 sensors with greatly reduced bandwidth requirements for the sensors.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

francesco_2013
Protege

gr0bda said:

I sometimes also run into the same issue. But unplug-plug fixes it for me 100 percent of the times.

I don't wanna do that! I don't want to get under my desk and try to find the connectors in the back of my computer. I HATE doing that! Just went into "Reset Sensor Tracking" and it's not resetting! Now I have to shut down the computer to regain functionality, because I had way too many times when unplugging caused BSOD and screws up my Software RAID array and I have to leave my computer on overnight so it rebuilds it! And I bet since I initiated the Reset Sensor Tracking process it will force me to go through the whole thing anyways after I restart. And yes, I have recommended Inateck card, 2nd one on top of that! 

It happens to everybody man and most of the times it is caused by too many USB devices connected to the PC which Windows fucks up with. I have often to disconnect and reconnect the cables too. Nothing to do about it. It is very annoying I agree. I have also bought and installed the PCI USB card Oculus recommends. It helps a bit to moderate the things (meaning it happens less often) but it does happen from time to time.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

It happens to everybody man and most of the times it is caused by too many USB devices connected to the PC which Windows fucks up with. I have often to disconnect and reconnect the cables too. Nothing to do about it. It is very annoying I agree. I have also bought and installed the PCI USB card Oculus recommends. It helps a bit to moderate the things (meaning it happens less often) but it does happen from time to time.

It never happens to me. Maybe it's because I have one of those USB hubs? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ZGKWQI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I only have 2 sensors connected. I have a third but never got around to connecting it. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

flexy123
Superstar
It is possible you misunderstand what the error message means:

"Poor tracking quality" often "simply" means that a sensor does not see the Rift. This can happen if people have their Rift stored somewhere. Then they start Oculus, and sensor(s) state "poor tracking quality", until you put the Rift on.

This is exactly what happens in my case, say when I have the Rift down in the box or to the side. As soon as I take the Rift and it's somewhere in about the same area where I actually use it (on my head), the error messages disappear.

This error msg does NOT necessarily indicate a hardware problem, or USB bandwidth problem etc....so before your rant and rave...make sure that your sensors see the Rift. When the msg appears when your sensors see the Rift, then it's a problem. Then it could be anything, from flaky USB extensions/ports, driver problem, h/w problem w/ Rift or PC. Just saying.

danybonin
Protege
People also need to understand that usb port on motherboard can be splitted by "hubs chip"  on the motherboard.
I have an Asus X99 deluxe MB and i have like 13 usb3 ports on it. But the X99 chipset don't allow that much usb3 ports, so some ports are in fact splitted. So you plug 2 devices on 2 different usb3 ports, but in fact, for the chipset, its like you plugged then in the same port, splitting bandwith.

Also sometimes, with usb cable extender, the problem is that the usb port from the motherboard don't provide enought power to the sensors, when you connect multiple.

Also people buying pcie usb cards, usually buy cheap one with few ports, but all on the same usb controller. There again, bandwidth is splitted. I bought a usb card with 4 usb3 ports, with 4 distinct usb controllers. This cost 140$ here in canada but solved all sensor problems i had. I use 4 sensor all on usb3 with active extension cable, plugged on that card, headset only on MB port and i have 0 problems now.

Sorry for my poor english, i speak french.
13900ks
nvidia rtx 4090
32GB

danybonin
Protege

Pabbert said:

Problem solved. 

ahahah! Funny 🙂 But tracking with 4 cam sensors is so precise... i would not be surprise if its not even better than lighthouse tracking. Also, oculus controller are so much better IMO... But i must admit vive knuckle controller look promising. But the video i saw of them, the tracking looks like they were shaking or something... :

I know its not final product etc... but my oculus controller don't shake like that.

13900ks
nvidia rtx 4090
32GB

Luciferous
Consultant
Problem caused

4i2gu0qkd6qh.jpeg