cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Football Season 2018-2019 Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it's almost Premiership football time again. Just a few pre-season matches to go and the season will start.

United played the Mexican side Club America in the States at 3am this morning and drew 1-1. Chong came on as a sub and was awesome as always. I'm hoping he and Gomes are going to break through to the first team this season although Mourinho is sounding like he doesn't think Chong is strong enough to break through this year due to his 10 month break after his knee exploded last season. Probably doesn't want to rush him back too soon against the big boys.

United's next pre-season match is against the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday at 10pm.
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
0-0 earlier tonight against the San Jose Earthquakes. Poor performance tbh. I'm thinking we need to get rid of Martial, he was missing for most of the match again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well we've had a shite pre-season this year, only won 1 out of 5 matches, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Let's hope that they buck their ideas up before we play Leicester on Friday!  😞

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think Mourinho is the manager he once was. He rarely smiles and only seems to defend players that he purchased if they are playing shite. Marcus Rashford needs to be in the squad more, but he never purchased him, so I bet he's not a starter. He's a really good prospect, but not when he's sat on the bench..

I was Right about France winning the World Cup And Germany not doing well. So I'm going to stick money on who will win the Premire League this year and who will be second and third....

Arrogant, argumentative, whingeing sod who is only concerned with himself.  Yep, he's still those things.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I clicked on this looking for Football, but found Soccer instead.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
City
Liverpool
Manu
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Zenbane said:

I clicked on this looking for Football, but found Soccer instead.

lol that  is what happens when you take the name of a game played by most countries in the world and use it for some strange rugby / speedball hybrid   😉  (i am joking btw)

btw for those interested and in England, Man united / Leicester city's opening game is on sky 1 so no need for sky sports.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

snowdog said:

Well we've had a shite pre-season this year, only won 1 out of 5 matches, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Let's hope that they buck their ideas up before we play Leicester on Friday!  😞

i believe uniteds defence is all but obliterated at the moment. they have an injury list longer than ............... actually on 2nd thoughts i better not joke.

but yeah, they have quite a big injury list at the back.

good result against madrid, painful defeat against Liverpool, but ultimately its all practice games, and not too much to worry about in pre season.....  (though that said i think Liverpool are going to be a real threat for the title this season)

I wish united had managed to get Bale.  would have really injected some excitement into things imo.
As for Jose M............... a great manager and anyone who doubts his ability really has not looked at his CV!

but i am not sure he is the right man for United. (more down to play style than the ability to get results).  I wont lie.. he is who i wanted when Fergie retired. United were in a bad way with an aging team that fergie managed to paper over the cracks... but that man knew how to get the absolute best out of a team and whoever came in was going to have a hard job.

So he came eventually, and I am beginning to wonder if i was wrong to think he was the right manager for united, but, it is nonsense to doubt the mans ability imo.    honestly tho.... I think Liverpool have got a top top man leading them (and that pains me to admit) a great manager and on top of that seems a decent human being as well.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I would have given Ryan Giggs a chance to Manage United, but been a new manager he may not have attracted big name players. I bet his playing style would have been attack attack though the way we used to see ManU playing..