cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

Loir
Explorer
Really liking the Go overall.  I have a few suggestions, most of which would be helpful when I use the Go (the Gos???) in my classes this Fall.

1) A way to text or emoji message online contacts.
2) A way to share from Quill (on Rift) to the Go.
3) Because the keyboard is not that easy to use accurately, more voice controls in apps that need typing input.
4) Some kind of group function, maybe connected to a Facebook group.

Dilip
Rising Star
My few suggestions are regarding Storage and Power Alternate 

1) Way to connect power bank where internal battery total cutoff thus not interfering or overheating battery 
2) Memory Card slot 
3) Or in case of total no memory card slot device should be having 128, 256 and 512 GB models too. 
4) Allow Google Play store.

StayPuft83
Protege
I'm not familiar enough with the technical specifics behind why they suggest not charging it while you are using it, but if there was ever a way they could make it safe to do so, I'd be very much in favor of that. As it is, the current battery goes through the charge so quickly I couldn't imagine watching a really long movie in it. I mean, a shorter movie maybe, but I feel like if I tried to watch a Marvel movie, for example, I'd never get through the whole thing without the battery running out.

OndaNegra
Protege
  Nightmode; Poor sleep = poor health & cognition; bad juju, like cancer, alzheimer's, etc.Oh yeah and it impairs humans as much as being drunk.
   So imagine some freakoid saying,"Well judge I've been a real super fan of the Oculus, & muh sleep. Honest I didn't to mean run over that little old lady." . Well, all that with a hotshot team of lawyers & some expert witnesses; Sheez they're likely to build a whole case for some kind of negligence, health hazards, and whatever such litigiousness types conjure up when that money's the line. 
   Just saying. 

artadams
Explorer

We need a way to Bluetooth connect to our smart phone so that texts and phone calls can be answered without having to remove the headset.  Every time I put the OGO on, the phone rings or I get a text.  The ability to respond without removing the OGO would be awesome!!

artadams
Explorer
Decent remote desktop app Windows/Mac, I'm in the alpha of immerseVR and it seems promising, I think the OGO should have one native.

artadams
Explorer

it would be useful to have a setting to inverse scrolling on the controler.

inovator
Consultant
This go thread is the most boring of all the threads

Lunartick007
Honored Guest
The ability to change the time zone, and time, (preferably just by clicking the time on the menu bar) this should be a must have feature. It's frankly ridiculous that you currently have to factory reset the go if you change timezones!  (people do travel these days you know....  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any chance that eventually you won't need a phone to set one of these things up? I haven't looked at the Go in depth, but I suspect that once I had, I'd probably buy one in a second - except that I don't have a fancy cell phone. Sadly, I live in a "dead zone" as far as cell phones go, so there's little sense in buying something expensive that I'd rarely use. If Oculus were to come up with a unit you could set up via PC - chances are you'd have a customer. 😞