cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to PC for file transfer

DustinKwok
Honored Guest
Hey guys,
Im having a problem with my Oculus Go not being able to connect to the computer. It has actually worked before. I stopped using the oculus for about a month and now I am no longer getting the prompt to allow media transfer. My Oculus Go is not showing up under Device Manger. I have checked under all catagories, but nothing... I noticed that the Oculus charges with it in plugged into the PC but thats it. I already done a factory reset, but still having the same problem. Also, tried different port and cables. Nothing is working.
*Tried ADB too, but not showing up under adb devices either.
Please help me out! 
14 REPLIES 14

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Do you get the windows dong sound when connecting?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DustinKwok
Honored Guest
Nope, no feedback when i plug it in. Ive tried plugging my phone into the same port and it works just fine.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Might be a good idea to open a support ticket and get some advice from them mate ??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DustinKwok
Honored Guest
I did that just now. Any other sugguestions? I tried it on my laptop too. Same problem. Phone connects fine, Oculus doesn't even register at all (no windows sound/driver install). 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try plugging it in first switched off. Then when the light is flashing switch it on and see if the pc "sees it" ? Worth a shot ?

DustinKwok
Honored Guest
Just tried, no difference 😞

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have a read of this and see if it helps ya = https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/64628/update-found-the-fix-and-possible-reasons-oculus-gos-will-not-connect-to-pcs-for-file-transfer#Comment_608023

DustinKwok
Honored Guest
Yeah I've tried resetting so many times now. Still not working :worried:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you in developer mode? If so, you may have to remove the lock pattern. You might also want to try another USB cable, sometimes they can go back for data (but will still charge).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV