Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.29 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

What’s new : 

• Dash:

• A new Belt: Improved
      hover states and materials give the belt a more modern look and feel.
      Come check it out!

• We've added new
      contextual menus for panels within Dash. You can open them by aiming at a
      panel and pressing B or Y.

• Home:

• New performance
      improvements reduce load times and smooth rendering.

• Animation for Custom
      Assets: Home now has basic animation support for custom assets. Models
      will now loop the first animation found in the .glb file. Note that Morph
      Target and Skinned animations are not currently supported. More
      information is available in the the Rift
      Core 2.0 beta user guide

• Oculus desktop app

• Unknown sources: We are
      improving how we show 3rd party apps in your Library; for some apps, we
      are also giving users the ability to edit titles and add custom command
      prompts.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the same principle as Engine Stop Tech. We do not need it for what we run for.
For crying out aloud, just release your stuff as an APP and then judge if it is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k159M8QhCIE

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
After uninstalling OTT then reinstalling it and resetting profiles and audio switching it seems to work fine now except one of my programs (X plane 11.25) will now not shutdown properly and I need to force it to shutdown.  Other apps/games seem to work and shutdown properly.  I'll include my latest xp11 log file in case any experts out there can help.  Thanks.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

DTH
Heroic Explorer
My x plane 11.25 is the only program that has a problem.  The problem started after the Oculus update.
I have to take off my headset to force it to close because it has the error of not responding.  It does run fine it just will not shut down like it used to.

jones1876
Explorer
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7t2o3d/unable_to_confirm_account_in_oculus_app_122_with/

hello i am still having this issue when trying to use the rift.
I have reinstalled windows and still get this issue.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

DTH said:

My x plane 11.25 is the only program that has a problem.  The problem started after the Oculus update.
I have to take off my headset to force it to close because it has the error of not responding.  It does run fine it just will not shut down like it used to.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one, lol!  I have just started a support ticket regarding this problem.  It is def something in 1.29 doing this.  Never had a problem with 1.28 and If I disable Oculus home and run XP11 in non-vr mode it works and shuts down fine.  For now my quick fix is to have task manager active and minimised on my task bar so I can quickly select and end task.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

TomCgcmfc said:

kzintzi said:

MAC_MAN86 said:

Well thanks for the added random frame freezes. Obviously this update has too much we do not want for our purpose...playing Games & Apps. Kindly give up developing Home and revert back to a Home Classic + Option for No Home at all.

um, no don't do this

Why not?  Just so a few people like you can play with Dollhouses?  Maybe Oculus should sell Core 2.0 as a separate app, say for $10.  Then they will probably see how wasted their efforts have been because few will buy it imho.

You can take a short (teleported) walk in Steam VR Home - and you can also walk around and enjoy your VR home in MS MR. I'm guessing that Oculus didn't want their users to feel left out. Personally I just want fast and easy access without any bells and whistles to my games and apps. I'm not into dollhouses at all, and I don't need to take a walk - that's why I love the good old Oculus Home so much  ❤️

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Just an update on needing to kill XP11.25 with task manager when exiting the program.  I started a support ticket with oculus support and got this reply.  Basically they said I need to contact the developer to try to sort this out.  Oh boy!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regards to update 1.29.

As X-Plane is a non-Oculus application and is the only app you are having issues with, you will need to contact X-Plane's developers and work with them with regards to compatibility issues with our software.

However, do let us know if you are having any issues with the Oculus home software itself, or any Oculus applications.

Kind regards,

Ryder

Oculus Support

DTH
Heroic Explorer
@TomCgcmfc thanks for the update.  How do we contact them?  All the websites point to forums. Then where do we post there?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

DTH said:

@TomCgcmfc thanks for the update.  How do we contact them?  All the websites point to forums. Then where do we post there?

I did post on their forum but I will also try contacting them directly.  Not sure how but I'm sure I'll figure this out.  I'll let you know what they say.

Netheri
Rising Star

MAC_MAN86 said:

This is the same principle as Engine Stop Tech. We do not need it for what we run for.
For crying out aloud, just release your stuff as an APP and then judge if it is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k159M8QhCIE

Use the feedback link in the Desktop app. Devs won't read the forums as apparently thay can't take public criticism. Use the Desktop app link often, maybe someone of them wakes up to the reality what the consumers of their products really want.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2