cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go shutting down

efinkin
Honored Guest
I got everything set up. Battery life is 55%. As it's taking me through the controller usage tutorial the screens black out. Can't make it though the controller tutorial. Any ideas?
42 REPLIES 42

okunev
Honored Guest

Possibly an issue with the face detection sensor or whatever recognizes that the headset is on your head??

Thank you, your post helped me to solve this issue. I just removed my glasses spacer and the sensor stopped acting wrong.

Keroppi667
Honored Guest
This problem started for me after the latest update. Don't bother with a support ticket. It's a waste of time. All they'll tell you is do a factory reset. I even offered that I could adb in, grab logs, whatever I could to help. They don't want to do any actual troubleshooting. Cyber is probably the only person on their front facing staff that gives a damn. I have like 300 titles installed and I have to start over. Many hours of work.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't know of a reliable solution. I recall hearing some people let the battery drain out, then plugged it in to 100% and that helped, but I'm really not sure. If you put in a ticket, we'll probably go through the standard troubleshooting steps (which may require a factory reset if the first steps don't help). 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Keroppi667
Honored Guest
I know, cyber. But the fact that there is a thread here of problems indicates that it is not a completely isolated incident. The "standard troubleshooting steps" are re-install the affiliated app, then factory restore. Your team doesn't even want to look at a log or 2. I know you care, we both have been around since the early mtbs3d days...and I know you have to recommend to open a support ticket. But you can't sit here and straight-faced say that your team is putting in *any* effort for an issue...when they won't even look at a log.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Part of the issue is that there aren't easily obtainable logs for Oculus Go. It's something that would definitely help, and we can look into that for the future. Currently we can do troubleshooting to try to get an idea of the problem, and then provide a warranty replacement if all the steps fail. You're correct that it's not an isolated issue, and I've seen it happen on my personal unit, but it's also not exactly widespread. But I hear where you're coming from so thanks for the feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AgriasReign
Honored Guest
Is there a fix to this problem? All of a sudden my Oculus Go shuts off after a few seconds after dimming.  I'm guessing the sensor is broken is it does not detect that my face i inside the headset.  I submitted a ticket and am scouring Google to see if there is a fix.  I tried rebooting and wiping the sensor in the center to no avail. I'm hoping this can be fixed and I do not have to get a replacement.

OK on further trial it seems to only be shutting down when I'm using a certain program like Skybox VR Player. I have used the App for over a month without problems but it is just now dimming and shutting down while using the App..

kickassretard
Protege

Same problem here.

So currently the most likely outcome of a support request will be replacement under warranty?

In any case what I'd like to know is what can I do to backup data beforehand? Savegames, favourites in Oculus browser and Pigasus player, saved locations in Wander etc.?

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may have to do a factory reset or get warranty replacement. In either case, you will lose your saved data from the headset (saved games, settings, downloads, etc.). See this thread for backing up your saved games. https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/633538/#Comment_633538

kickassretard
Protege
Thx. I copied the whole android folder, took about 1.5 hours. Then factory reset => problem gone.

Hope you find the source of the problem so that it can fixed in an update before it happens again.

AgriasReign
Honored Guest
This bug needs to be fixed and patched.  It's going to take me over 3 hours to copy files, factory reset, then recopy my files and redownload apps just because of the faulty software.  Hopefully the dim/turning off bug will be fixed after the reset but don't make us factory reset every time this happens with the Oculus.  If it isn't fixed I'll be asking for a replacement or refund. I only had this Oculus Go for a month and it runs into this crucial bug already.. what a let down.  
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?