cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Users w/ Black Screen on Rift, Post Logs Here

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are still experiencing issues with black screens on Rift, please share your log files here. Usually with this issue, Rift will work the first time after a reboot, and then after removing the headset or going idle for a while, the screen in Rift will become black. Restarting your computer or the Oculus service can sometimes temporarily work around this issue. Some users have also had some success with rolling back their video card drivers (for example, to 388.59 on Nvidia). It would be helpful to know if you installed the latest Fall Creators Update, for Windows 10 users. It would also help to know if you are on Rift Core 2.0 or are still using the classic version. Also please note if you have Guardian enabled or disabled. 

See this thread for how to get your LogGatherer zip file.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...

Note, the file may be too big to attach to the forum, so you may want to use a hosting service like GoogleDrive, etc.

Your help here will assist us in getting to the bottom of this issue. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: If you're using an Nvida GPU and are having the black screen issue, it may help to send some files to Nvidia as well. See this thread for details.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1039358/geforce-drivers/requesting-end-user-assistance-with...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
301 REPLIES 301

Silverwolf8
Explorer
I to have recently have had the black out issues but can hear the game or home in the back ground, i don't think it has anything to do with the rift itself but more to do with some issue with software in terms of updates either Windows or Nvidia etc. I already have my ticket through and logs have been sent so waiting for an answer. Really frustrating as you spend a fortune on the VR set and the upgrades to the PC for it all to work which it did until now. I wonder if the VIVE has similar issues?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload your LogGatherer log file? See the OP of this thread for help getting that file. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

daginge_nymoen
Honored Guest
Hi.
Today and yesterday i've been having constant issues with the hdmi signal.
After starting a game, the image disappears from the HMD after anything from 2 minutes to an hour of gaming. In the case of Elite Dangerous, the game keeps running on my monitor, but the image in the HMD is replaced by an Oculus logo. When playing Hellblade yesterday, i got a fatal error and a hard game crash every time instead.
Latest NVIDIA drivers installed. GPU: 1080TI
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Log file attached.
Edit: Added zip from log gatherer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issues.  Everything ran fine and as of the last couple weeks games are crashing to the desktop anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour into a gaming session.  I have monitored my hardware via MSI afterburner and everything is running well and cool.
I have had the complete setup running fine for nearly a year.  Now out of the blue just constant issues.  
Logs attached.

FlaredCaboose
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue as well and it started happening after the recent update. Here's my log files https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TBeavdN-LYN-XiyaCSUl1DSsGQrZVtzX
I made sure the cord wasn't damaged and I also made sure everything including my drivers were updated.

SLAINWARPEDONE
Honored Guest
Had the blackscreen for some time now, only bought it a month ago and worked fine. started it one day after my brother had removed the monitor and that was that. Please help

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks like there could be USB issues there. Can you try updating USB drivers for your motherboard? Otherwise, you can also try uninstalling the USB driver in Device Manager and using Microsoft default.

NuclearRamen
Honored Guest
Had the blackscreen just now, after updating oculus firmware after not using it for about one and a half months. Can't even set my sensors up, crashes after 5-10 secs in the VR part of the sensor setup

leppard2
Protege
Hi in game the headset keeps going off , i hear the game sound and the game is still running, when i look at the App in devises there is no headset picture, the headset has the amber light on, when it happens i hear the windows disconnect sound like unplugging i usb devise.
Have to restart to get it going again.
One time it did it three times in about four hours and then worked ok for a day and then did it again.
I am talking to support about it but thought it might help if i put logs here.

leppard2
Protege
Hi in game the headset keeps going off , i hear the game sound and the game is still running, when i look at the App in devises there is no headset picture, the headset has the amber light on, when it happens i hear the windows disconnect sound like unplugging i usb devise.
Have to restart to get it going again.
One time it did it three times in about four hours and then worked ok for a day and then did it again.
I am talking to support about it but thought it might help if i put logs here.