cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capt Picard returning ?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
For trekkies I found this on the tube and is he hinting at Jean Luc returning to the big screen?

https://youtu.be/aCKQp1sGVRQ
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

47 REPLIES 47

Dependable.. I like that word

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Yup, the series will pick up after "Nemesis" ...

List of some of my fav TNG episodes, because no one asked for them:

Elementary Dear data (Computer creates a Holodeck Character Moriarty that gains consciousness)
Q-Who (First borg encounter)
Yesterdays Enterprise
The Best of Both worlds 1 and 2 (BORG!)
Remember Me (Best scene where Dr Crusher is arguing with the computer about the size of the universe)
Conundrum (everyone's memory is wiped)
Cause and Effect (the time loop and everything repeats over and over)
The Inner Light (P. Stewart flexing those acting muscles)
Time Scape
Nth-Degree - Barclay turns into a super genius ... so many good scenes there
The Survivors
Brothers 

It always amazes me how easily Data takes over the Enterprise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZ8R6I70uo

Which is the one with the flute when he lived an entire lifetime in the past?
That has got to be my favorite one.
WAAAGH!

That was The Inner Light, very good episode, a lifetime lived within a few minutes. Voyager had kind of a similar concept with a planet where time passes thousands of times faster than the rest of the world (Blink of an Eye). A nod back to the TOS episode Wink of an Eye, also my favourite with the time accelerated people sounding like buzzing insects.

LZoltowski
Champion
You guys played with https://stage-9.co.uk/? The virtual TNG Enterprise? Latest Version 10 is not VR, but 0.9 is which is a tiny bit clunky but still a great experience (engineering, shuttle bay, bridge etc are all faithfully recreated)

They will port 0.11 to VR once that is out in the near future. But 0.9 is still a lot of fun to mess about in.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum said:

Which is the one with the flute when he lived an entire lifetime in the past?
That has got to be my favorite one.

You may already know but interestingly the person playing Picard's son was Picard's son (Stewart's I mean)

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I actually did not know that.
Pretty damn cool.

Im happy to see more TNG but I do wish Blunt talk had continued though.
WAAAGH!

you are a true fan Mr Mogrum!

I haven't tried that LZ, don't know why! I remember there was an Enterprise-D Bridge done during the DK1/2 days by Enda O'Conner, wonder if the current one is a development of that, I'd forgotten about it.

LZoltowski
Champion

you are a true fan Mr Mogrum!

I haven't tried that LZ, don't know why! I remember there was an Enterprise-D Bridge done during the DK1/2 days by Enda O'Conner, wonder if the current one is a development of that, I'd forgotten about it.

You should definitely do it

Meticulously re-created
  • Main Bridge (4 versions, Yesterdays Enterprise, First Contact etc)
  • Ready Room
  • Observation Lounge
  • Nine and Ten Forward
  • Battle Bridge
  • Sickbay
  • Dr Crusher’s Office
  • Picard’s, Worf’s, and Data’s Quarters
  • Holodecks
  • Transporter Room
  • Shuttlebays Main (1) and 2
  • Stellar Cartography
  • Corridors on many decks
  • TurboLifts
You can take the shuttle and pilot it around the enterpise, perform a saucer separation, fire torpedoes, use a hand-held Phaser, try out a tricorder, engage red alert .. etc ...

That is all in 0.9 VR 

Non VR 0.10 has tonnes of improvements, better crew models, better lighting and textures, little missions, working replicators, etc etc ..

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Oh and you can stand on top of the enterprise and engage warp .... the sense of scale is superb lol

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Thats pretty damn epic
WAAAGH!