cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Conduct Warnings

Luciferous
Consultant
Hi,

I checked my mail yesterday and apparently somebody has reported me. Not only that it says Oculus agrees with them.

Apparently they can't tell me what I did and the email is from a donotreply. 

This all seems very odd, I mean why warn you and not tell you what you did?  They could at least point to the post with the issue.

I have got to be honest curiosity is burning a hole in my soul. 

So anybody want to guess what I did wrong? You can make it up if you like as long as it's funny 😉

Or maybe the reporter would like to let me know so I can curb my anti-social behavior in future. 

Also do I get an ASBO certificate I can hang in my Oculus home.

What's your opinion on this strange process as it is my first one on here after 5 years on the forum.

How far do you think they can go back in post time to report something. I have checked all my recent posts and it is all pretty innocuous stuff. o:) 

Cheers

'Dear Luciferous,

One or more members of the Oculus community has reported your behavior, and we have determined that your conduct violates the Oculus Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Service.

The Oculus platform is meant to be a safe community to meet and interact with other users in virtual reality. When you engage with others on our platform:

• You may not use any sexually explicit, abusive, obscene, hateful, or racially offensive language.
  • You may not harass, bully, or threaten other users.
  • You may not impersonate an Oculus employee, partner, or representative.

Future violations may result in further action, including but not limited to, suspension or termination of your Oculus account.

Thank you for your cooperation.'

- The Oculus Team

40 REPLIES 40

Luciferous
Consultant
Oh wait, my son plays it occasionally and he is a major wind up in games. Is often torturing people in Fortnite.

Damn I bet that's it. Still even if this is so they should give some indication of the problem, so i can officially ground him. I mean could that not even say unsporting behavior in XYZ game.

How did they come to agree with the person. Surely they do not have voice logs of all games or text logs of all games? Or do they............

Thing is he is banned from talking to people on it and told to mute talk, if I found he was bad mouthing somebody he would be in big trouble.

Disclaimer : Which reminds me to say if you see my avatar acting like a Dick it's not me honest. (probably) terms and conditions apply 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Lmao my missus plays my call of duty and types some awful stuff in the chat and slags off other players and gives my poor old user name a bad reputation lol is there a log somewhere that you can check when games were last played to rule you out and get your boy in the shit  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

I rarely get involved in arguments and I think I only ever got into a big one couple years back about somebody posting about sexy school girls (I thought had no place on the forum) that got a little out of hand, which I ended up insulting the entire country of Japan.

Hey i remember that thread 😄

Yes was going to ask, do you play FPS online, that is usually the cause for most complaints
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Luciferous
Consultant
No it is most likely my Son. You may have noticed my username is the devil, bringer of light. Nickname given to me by my friends. The apple fell so short from the tree it hit the trunk. I of course have grown out of itish. 🙂

Yeah i went Nuclear on that one 😉

Funny you thought the pussy joke was good @vannagirl the only other person on the thread to like it was.....snowdog.

So now more than ever I need to know what the issue is. If you were tea bagged by my avatar please step forward 🙂 You are in a safe place now, I will offer free counseling. I am a full supporter of the #metoo campaign.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
2 sugars with mine please 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

Funny you thought the pussy joke was good @vannagirl the only other person on the thread to like it was.....snowdog.

mmmmm unsure what this means

my workplace though, pussy jokes are very common

Luciferous
Consultant
Well I just was referring to you both being soul mates 😉 He liked it on the original thread.

vannagirl
Consultant
Hahaha

he wishes, is this defo a game warning though. Would like to know, usually mods warn you directly unless they have changed the system now.

LZoltowski
Champion
You can report someone here: https://support.oculus.com/1126372434098455/

This system is separate to that of the forum @kojack that's why we wont see it. Cyber is omnipotent and can access all kinds of systems.

@Luciferous it could be someone with a vendetta/disagreeing with you or like you said your son was a bit naughty.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Luciferous
Consultant
Or the Japanese Ambassador for the UK. hmmmm.

I put the warning on the top of the post if anybody is interested.

Reading it again it says one or more. Maybe there was multiple baggings.