Did you mean: 

Brilliant haha

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
31 REPLIES 31

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I don't buy movies through iTunes, but whenever a Blu Ray includes a digital copy, I add it to my account.

They used to lock you into SD or HD at the time of download and only let you download once, but nowadays they've updated the arrangement to a cloud license that lets you download any version as often as you like to your various authorized devices. Hopefully they'll add 4K to the mix eventually, and by then I might be ready to move away from physical copies of movies like I have with games.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I buy movies through Amazon. I like having my video collection there. My Audio stuff too; especially since it integrates with Alexa so well.

nrosko
Superstar
quite a useful article here regarding optimal distances https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/01/when-a-4k-tv-looks-just-like-a-1080p-tv/#7273af364db7

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Pointless getting a 4k then if optimal distance at 55" is just 3.7ft away. Who wants to sit that close to a screen that's 55"? I thought I was sat to close to my screen at 6ft away, but according to that chart this is correct for my 42" 1080 screen. So are you saying I would have to move closer to the screen (3.7ft away to see 4k) and if not my eyes would only see it as 1080? 

Playing a game, I would have to move my body and head to look around a 55" screen, if I was 3.7ft away from the screen. I just use my eyes from 6ft away on my 42" screen..

nrosko
Superstar
I'm sitting 2ft away from my 32 4k pc, my 43 1080 tv ranges from 3ft+ depending where you sit so maybe i should get a 4k but i can think of better things to spend money on.  

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@nrosko - Would there be a reason why you sit 3ft away from a 43" screen? 

nrosko
Superstar
That's just where the closest end of the sofa is, my front room isn't very big. But size - distance seem absolutely fine for me. Rare i watch tv anyway tbh. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I don't watch the telly anymore. I just either download whatever I want or watch a live stream online. No telly aerial so no grief from the TV Licence Nazis lol

nrosko
Superstar
Assume you know live streaming needs a TV licence as well as watching anything BBC live or archived? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

nrosko said:

Assume you know live streaming needs a TV licence as well as watching anything BBC live or archived? 

Absolutely, but as long as I don't have an aerial and (assuming that someone is daft enough to let them in to the building and they don't catch me watching a live stream) then I'm good.

It's only a matter of time before the TV Licence is abolished anyway, as each year passes less people are stupid enough to buy the things.