cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE NEED HELP BEFORE TOMORROW MORNING!! New Rift and brand new Laptop but No image !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody, 

I'm brand new here.I've juste purchased the RIFT along with a brand new lapotop ASUS PACK STRIX-GL703GE which is VR Ready.
When I am setting it up, it asks me to adjust my Rift but I can't see anything !! A sound is coming but then just stops immediately and the sound starts over again after a few seconds.

I am desperate as I brought my rift to another country. What can I do??? I've tried to uninstall McAfee, download the last pilots and updates, uninstall the rift and starts again but NOTHING. Same black screen with a bit of sound and then Nothing.

Please HELP ME ! Ive invested almost all my savings in that and can't even enjoy it on the first day...
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

As i thought and @LZoltowski you have on board graphics. Please look up how to disable this and it should work.

Could you please tell me how?? I'm like -52 in IT.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
2 secs
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
  1. Enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced Menu
  3. Go to Chipset Configuration Menu
  4. Go to Internal Graphics Menu
  5. Set the Internal Graphics Mode to Disable or choose PEG/PCI instead of Auto or IGFX. (IGFX means the onboard graphics).
  6. If you also have a Multi Monitors option set this to disable.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

1. Enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced Menu
  5. Set the Internal Graphics Mode to Disable or choose PEG/PCI instead of Auto or IGFX. (IGFX means the onboard graphics).

Imma try this now and will let you know ASAP!!!! Thanks !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

1. Enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced Menu

I can't find the CHIPSET CONF MENU?du36arotsu2x.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also check that you have this setting set if available:

Image result for nvidia control panel discrete

Hi, would you know how to get into the CHIPSET configuration menu?? Thank you so much

woofer069
Honored Guest
I have this same issue with my Asus ROG GL703GE laptop as well. I bought the minidisplay port to hdmi adapter and nothing. My Bios also looks like his, there is no "chipset configuration" menu. I am curious where you got this information from?

Charef290888 said:

Techy111 said:

1. Enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced Menu

Imma try this now and will let you know ASAP!!!! Thanks !!!!