cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy options (showing as online / offline)

nidania
Protege
I don't always want my Oculus friends to know when I'm online.  Someones I want to be visible, sometimes I don't.

In most IM programs, for example, there's an "appear away" type of option (or even just "away"). I don't see anything like that in Oculus, is there a way to appear offline?

I don't want to block my friends obviously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello PuffyFluff, we noticed that you are searching for the option to appear offline. We definitely understand wanting to have your privacy option available. No worries. We're here to help. You can appear offline if you login to Oculus Home (PC) (with the same account) and change your status there, but it's not possible to do it on the Quest 2 directly.

Once logged into the Oculus Home on your PC, click on friends (bottom left), a menu with your profile/friend list should show up on the right side, inside this menu click on the "..." (top right) then click show online/offline.

Let us know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Why do you want to appear offline? Just tell them your busy playing something or watching something, if it's a case of not wanting to be disturbed..

nidania
Protege
That's not really the point.

kojack
MVP
MVP
In the Oculus desktop app click on your name. A side panel will slide out from the right. Click on the little triple dots on the top right and you will see an option for either Appear Online or Appear Offline.

Also, there's a little circle on the bottom left of your avatar image. Red means you look offline, green means online.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Hi, it's three years later and I find myself with the same issue. It appears the solution in this post no longer exists. Is it possible to play oculus quest 2 without alerting all your friends that you signed on? I really dig the oculus, but the lack of this particular feature is creepy, and makes me want to leave the platform.

SosyokuNimo
Honored Guest

I hate not being able to play single-player without upsetting my friends. Any fix upcoming or way around it?

Oh man. You’re one of those guys. Judging someone and providing a non solution.

I guess this is gone now? Don't see it...

Hello PuffyFluff, we noticed that you are searching for the option to appear offline. We definitely understand wanting to have your privacy option available. No worries. We're here to help. You can appear offline if you login to Oculus Home (PC) (with the same account) and change your status there, but it's not possible to do it on the Quest 2 directly.

Once logged into the Oculus Home on your PC, click on friends (bottom left), a menu with your profile/friend list should show up on the right side, inside this menu click on the "..." (top right) then click show online/offline.

Let us know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

are you talking about an app for pc ? because I don't see the option if I log into Oculus website