cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the old Avatar editor? Can only find the Mirror editor with limited customisation.

Kurtino
Explorer
I had kept my avatar the same for some time now with some cool galaxy skin colour and some customisation options not available in the new Rift 2.0 Mirror editor. A friend of mine tried out VR and trashed my home and changed my skin while I wasn't looking.

Long story short, I have no idea how to access the old avatar editor anymore, and can only find this stupid mirror thing that you can place down in your home and has very limited options for customisation. Looking online all guides from official Oculus support say to go to your profile in the top right, which is clearly talking about the old interface.

The closest thing I can find to the editor is to go into the Oculus folder Oculus/Support/oculus-avatar-editor and run OVRAvatarEditor.exe, which works and actually does load my old character unchanged from when my friend edited it, but it doesn't save it to my home or anything else once I leave the app.

Has customisation been severely limited and replaced by only this Mirror thing? Is it possible to get the old avatar customisation options back which had a lot more options? I remember using the avatar editor in Rift 2.0's interface about a month or 2 ago so I don't know why it's gone now.
7 REPLIES 7

Virtew
Explorer
I'd like to know as well...

LZoltowski
Champion
Unfortunately, the old editor is now legacy, everyone is moving to the new one.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Virtew
Explorer

Still, there's no reason to ditch the old preferences and limit user choices.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I was very disappointed I had to lose my lovely hat!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
So.. the new choices are wizard or hipster? - Not that that's too different from the original - but really, it's virtual reality why are there only the realistic(ish) skin tones?  What was wrong with the huge number that were previously available?

Digikid1
Consultant

Not by choice either.  I can't see why they couldn't leave the older textures and stuff in the new editor.

Virtew
Explorer
hms96ixikv6b.jpg
Seriously, those were damn cool.