cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up multiple Oculus Gos on the same account.

macvrgo
Honored Guest
I'm setting up multiple Oculus Gos for my classroom. I would like to set them all up on the same account. Is this possible? If so, How?
-got it 
6 REPLIES 6

ooBLANKAoo
Explorer
Was it straight forward? just add another device in the app?
can you play the same app on each phone at the same time?
cheers

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can use multiple devices on one account, I don't recall the limit off-hand. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

VRSystem1
Honored Guest
If you set up multiple devices on one account, what are the drawbacks to having multiple accounts?
can you all play together for instance or go into rooms together? do you get to create an avatar on each device, or are they all seen as the same device?

brasilin2006
Explorer

macvrgo said:

I'm setting up multiple Oculus Gos for my classroom. I would like to set them all up on the same account. Is this possible? If so, How?
-got it 

Has anyone figured out the limit of the number of oculus gos linked to one account?

Patrickometry
Explorer
TOPICS: Pairing multiple headsets to one Oculus account and mobile device. Entering a multiplayer space with multiple headsets all using the same account. Purchasing apps for multiple headsets paired to one account/device. 

Here is what I have found with my library's set of 10 Oculus Go headsets: I was finally able to test multiple Oculus Go headsets paired to the same device sharing the same account on the Oculus app on my phone. I've learned that I can purchase an app once and it will become available to all headsets sharing the same account. That's awesome! I also discovered that headsets sharing the same account may enter at least some multiplayer spaces like Oculus Rooms. Since the headsets share the same account they also share the same identity/avatar. When I entered my Oculus Room with a second headset I could see the avatar representing my first headset was still in the room and able to move about and act independently even though both headsets were logged into the same Oculus account and paired to the same mobile device. By switching between headsets/controllers, I could wave to myself and then wave back. Hurrah! Why is knowing this helpful? 

I work in a library. We have 4 locations, so there is the possibility that our patrons using our 10 Oculus Go headsets might like to visit together in a virtual reality space. I was worried that pairing all the headsets on one device under one account, which is the simplest set up for us, would prevent the ability to enjoy multiplayer features. From my testing, it appears at least some multiplayer experiences WILL be possible. Each of our 10 Oculus Go headsets will have the same avatar/name/appearance since they will all be paired to my single Oculus account and mobile device. But when entering my Oculus Room I discovered that each headset avatar enters the multiplayer space as a sort of virtual clone. 

This means we can take advantage of the least expensive option for building our library of Oculus Go virtual reality apps. We can buy an app once and install the app legally on each of our 10 headsets. But we will also continue to have access to at least some multiplayer experiences. I've confirmed that Oculus Rooms allows multiple headsets paired to the same device and same account to enter together as clones. From what I have read, some multiplayer games will require headsets to enter each with their own unique Oculus account. I have not tested that myself. Regardless, pairing all 10 headsets to one mobile device using one Oculus account makes managing the library set much simpler.

cssmythe3
Honored Guest
Great great news! I was hoping to do something like this myself when the quest comes out. Do you need to have your phone next to the headset to use the headset? I want to be able to send my second quest logged into my account to friends / family around the country and have them join me in multiplayer games without needing to set up an account.