cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Log In to Forum

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So I am able to make this post because my phone is already logged into the forum. However, I can't log into the form from any of my other devices. When I click sign-in, it takes me to the authentication page, but after it redirects me back to the Forum nothing happens. I am not logged in, and when I click sign-in again the site just hangs l.
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually noticed a few hack attempts which were swiftly banned over the past few days. HTC getting desperate? lol

More like Atmos...He had a mini-rant about me on the AV forums earlier, he didn't appreciate my When Will HTC Go Bust thread lmfao

I also started one on there too but without a poll lol

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
He doesnt even know how to put a headset on right or is it put a right headset on?
 How the hell would you expect him to know how to even ping oculus servers ?

To much prolly, sorry mods :heyguys:
Be good, die great !

LZoltowski
Champion
I would appreciate no Atmos talk, thank you.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

I actually noticed a few hack attempts which were swiftly banned over the past few days. HTC getting desperate? lol

More than likely "He who shall not be named". >:)

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Who ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you're at it too!!! lol  😄 😄 😄

Syrellaris
Rising Star

Yeah, we started testing it, and then it magically started working again. Strange.

@cybereality it's been going on for a long time.. I've had that issue since ya'll booted up the new site. To this day, Mozilla firefox won't login into the Oculusvr Forums at all. Chrome works though. Rather annoying.

Digikid1
Consultant
And yet I use Firefox ONLY and I’m logged in......

its not a browser issue. It happens on my iPad and iPhone as well as Edge. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The issue is likely related to Token Passing with Vanilla Forums:

The Dev's responsible for this Forum just need to set up a Test environment where they use multiple devices to log in and generate the same problems that some of us have had in the past. Once they can replay the problem, they can track down the line(s) of code that needs a bit of updating. When we redirect ourselves to this forum, nothing happens on the Load event. Nothing is triggered until there's a Click Event (Sign In), and which point a check is clearly made to either redirect to the Login Screen or validate the Authentication Token (which we get after we sign-in, and remains in our browser's Cache).

The dev's likely need a bit more lines of code to make the process more integrated, seamless, and stable.

Syrellaris
Rising Star

Digikid1 said:

And yet I use Firefox ONLY and I’m logged in......

its not a browser issue. It happens on my iPad and iPhone as well as Edge. 

I don't know what's causing it but Firefox refuses to log in for me on the forum. Tried every known method to reset it, no luck. but yes, I do have the same issues on other browsers or devices sometimes.