cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift - Slight left tilt

jbaert
Explorer
Hey there,

I ordered the rift+touch bundle last week, the hardware arrived today. Installed and used the Rift fine yesterday, but today I notice that my horizon (the part of the world that is supposed to be level) is slightly tilted down to the left. It's not very noticeable in games with lots of movement, but in the Oculus VR Home screen (where you see the white whiteframe) it's visible. Tilting your head to the right obviously doesn't work, because the sensor thinks that whatever it's showing is level 🙂

I read up on this, and it seems to be related to temperature issues with the IMU. The effect is definitely not as outspoken every time I use the Rift, but it annoys me enough to care....

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
31 REPLIES 31

RawheadRexVR
Honored Guest
I have a Rift purchased in 2016 that is perfectly balanced and has been for two years. Unfortunately, the frame got damaged and eventually broke completely. User error and out of warranty, so I decided to purchase a replacement.

I have since bought four different Rifts (3 from Amazon, 1 from Best Buy), and every one has the left tilt issue. Oculus Support seems to run me through the same steps, #1 Send a picture, #2 Reinstall Oculus Software, #3 Maybe offer RMA.

I have just been returning the headsets, and and this point I don't think purchasing more or getting an RMA will help. Very frustrated at this point. It is starting to look like I will never get a properly working Rift again.

RedRozu
Honored Guest
Got the same problem. Played for two days and when i started it today it was tilted...... was almost ready to cancel the credit payment and throw it out the window....