Did you mean: 

updated rift, now i get error everytime i try to recente position

AllyITA
Honored Guest
i just updated my rift firmware.
now everytime i try to recenter the view i get this error:
"OVR49108750
reference device missing position: headset (1971005)"

i'm using the standard home interface (not the 2.0 because it doesn't work well with assetto corsa)
13 REPLIES 13

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

You can also enable Core 2.0, recentering should be working there.

Thanks, I'm a great fan of classic Home for reasons previously described (and I love my current Nvidia driver for Elite Dangerous, Doom VFR and FallOut 4 VR - I've got none of the graphic problems a lot of other users have been complaining about, and performance in some games seemed slightly worse using 39x).

It seems that for now only a full setup can recenter Home, and it's no big deal to me - at least not big enough to go through the latest suggestions I got from support, especially when other users are experiencing exactly the same issue (=I dont think my Rift, my cables or my installation is the problem). I just got the following advice from support - I'd be surprised if it helps and it'll be extremely time consuming:

"If you're still experiencing issues with resetting the view in the Classic Home, then we'll go through a manual uninstall so we can get a fresh installation. Please note that performing a manual uninstall will make any purchases made illegible for refund. Click here for more information on refund eligibility.

Please go through the following steps:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website by clicking here.

If the issue persists, please gather the Oculus Diagnostic logs. A guide on how to collect them may be found by clicking here. Please attach them to your next response."

Having to uninstall also contradicts the error message I get in classic Home: the error message doesn't say I have to uninstall/reinstall anything, but that Oculus is "working on getting it fixed" as soon as they can. I've got a lot of patience  o:)

I've asked support to close my case - but it would be great if the engineers are informed that there may be a problem affecting many users.  

BTW, I must say I like the responses from Cybereality (not questioning my cables, not asking me to reinstall etc.) much more than the suggestions from the official support - of course I'm aware the the official support is instructed to go through an escalating tree of standard responses, and that they may have a lot of customers who stepped on the cables etc. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
And a breakthrough - maybe - just got this kind reply from Oculus support - they were able to recreate the issue (I just love not having to consider a full re-installation). So my big thanks to the Oculus support for taking this issue seriously  ❤️

"I do want to say that I was able to get into the lab and recreate the issue and appreciate your patience and understanding in the manner. I'll make sure to report this issue with our team.

If it becomes too problematic, in the meanwhile, I would suggest using the Rift Core Beta 2.0 as it has been tested to work."

(BTW, I have been working with IT support for many years and pc gaming has been my hobby for more than 20 years, but of course I don't know that much about the Rift and I'm happy that I did not overlook some important software or hardware issue on my end)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

LZoltowski
Champion

RuneSR2 said:

And a breakthrough - maybe - just got this kind reply from Oculus support - they were able to recreate the issue (I just love not having to consider a full re-installation). So my big thanks to the Oculus support for taking this issue seriously  ❤️

"I do want to say that I was able to get into the lab and recreate the issue and appreciate your patience and understanding in the manner. I'll make sure to report this issue with our team.

If it becomes too problematic, in the meanwhile, I would suggest using the Rift Core Beta 2.0 as it has been tested to work."

(BTW, I have been working with IT support for many years and pc gaming has been my hobby for more than 20 years, but of course I don't know that much about the Rift and I'm happy that I did not overlook some important software or hardware issue on my end)

Glad things moved forward! You might get a bug named after you hahah ..

Although I hope people do start to get used to the idea that Home classic will not be around forever, it won't make sense to support both code bases in the future and I am sure Oculus will want everyone on the same page.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Glad things moved forward! You might get a bug named after you hahah ..

Although I hope people do start to get used to the idea that Home classic will not be around forever, it won't make sense to support both code bases in the future and I am sure Oculus will want everyone on the same page.

Getting named after a bug would be really something  😄

Personally I do hope Oculus will give users a choice - reading the feedback to 1.29 it seems that many users would rather like Home 2.0 to be a $10 app and to keep our beloved classic Home 😉 But maybe we shouldn't start that discussion in here, this thread is about a specific error.