cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If anyone is interesting in participating in Community Rankings (strictly for bragging rights) then post screenshots of your best Beat Saber scores here!

If you're looking for friends to compete with directly, then add anyone from this thread, or check out the community Friends Megathread:

Game on!

482 REPLIES 482

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

KlodsBrik said:

Awesome!!
 Bet you would have gotten an epic score doing those moves in beat saber! .. ROFL

hah, indeed! Once my liver recovers.

Digikid1
Consultant
If you want to try out the songs I have I put together a file for you.  Just install the mod on Beatsaver.com https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases/tag/2.1.1 and put these folders into your beat saber CUSTOMSONGS folder.

or for a direct download use this link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1yORTi3KTnMtZsyK2H_B2xCXSVMRxWfsE&export=download

Digikid1
Consultant
If you want a REAL challenge try the song in my files called "Heaven is a place on Earth".  Had it for three weeks and NEVER been able to complete it.  The creator is a sadist....A SADIST I TELL YOU!  LOL!!!!!!!!!

Wildt
Consultant
Thanks for the suggestions @Digikid1  - I REALLY don't like any of those songs :lol:

It's seriously an issue for me - the official songs are pretty much ok with me, although I'm starting to struggle when I hear "Escape" or "Country rounds". I simply tune out mentally and fuck up.

Anywho, I've now definetely concluded what my tracking issue was. It's neither my TPcast nor the sensors going wonky. It's an issue that has been reported by users in various games where you swing your controllers in a way that puts enough g-force on the batteries to actually compress the springs for just a split second.

I found this very promising solution and have already ordered a similar material. 

@Zenbane  - soooo.. are you gonna beat my scores NEXT weekend then? :wink:

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Digikid1
Consultant
Well I hate cRap ( oh  how did that c get there.....my bad >:) ) and heavy metal.  To each their own.

Although that same material is used in grocery stores in the produce departments....just as them for a small patch and EVERY store has ROLLS of them in the back so that they can replace it on a weekly or monthly basis.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm going to play during the week this time, since I missed the entire weekend.

That grip thing looks interesting. I have my own issue that only comes out when I'm trying to hit top scores. For some reason the faster I swing my thumb starts to move and I end up hitting the Oculus Menu button. It doesn't happen often, but it seems to increase in frequency when I'm trying to get a top ranking score. I've read some tips on how to grip the controllers better for Beat Saber, but I still haven't found a strategy I like.

The best I can do is remain actively aware of my thumb's position at all times.

Also, you might notice some new scores for me, including the completion of Angel Voices. But none of those are me; I had family over Sat/Sun and everyone was going Beat Saber crazy. I'll get back on myself later today.

Wildt
Consultant
Yeah, hitting the menu button happened a lot to me too, but I think I've adapted somehow - it's been a while since it last happened now. But IIRC BS has a friendly time dilation when you resume, to help ease your way back into the action.

I did see your Breezer score improve by around 1k - that wasn't you?  :smile:

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Oh yeah the Breezer one is me, but I didn't realize I went higher! I was trying to show-off late Sat night. I have one other high-score right now that is really mine. But there was about 5 of us constantly switching and I wasn't writing the stuff down.

So I only recently discovered that the Oculus Home software now has an option to mirror audio to the speakers. That turned my VR Room in to Party Central on Saturday night. Friday night I was on a real dance floor, and Saturday night I was dancing in VR... I need to start doing Yoga at this rate.

Digikid1
Consultant
Video or it didnt happen Zenbane. LOL

Wildt
Consultant
Heh, while waiting for that high-friction material, I fiddled about with rubber bands and what not (couldn't find any baloons). And there is really VERY little space. If it's too thick the battery gets too displaced resulting in no connection.

So I went with the less optimal solution that some people have had varying degrees of success with - wedging a thickly folded piece of aluminum foil in between the battery and the spring.

Then I went on to beat 4 of my previous high scores with ZERO tracking issues. Oh joy! 🙂