cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia and GamesCom MEGATHREAD.RTX 2080/Ti (FIRST BENCHMARKS COMING OUT) NDA lifted.

LZoltowski
Champion
Made this thread so that we can all discuss the Nvidia announcements and anything else juicy being revealed at GamesCom 2018

EDIT 5

GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark Time Spy Benchmark Leak Approaches Titan Xp Performance

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-score-leaked-clocked-at-2ghz-and-beats-a... https://hothardware.com/news/geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-benchmark-leak-titan-xp-performance

EDIT 4

Nvidia 2080 first benchmarks:

Nvidia Shares RTX 2080 Test Results: 35 - 125% Faster Than GTX 1080

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Under certain conditions, 50%< most likely across the board without the use of AI-powered anti-aliasing.

We’re not expecting to average 50%-higher frame rates across our benchmark suite. However, enthusiasts who previously speculated that Turing wouldn’t be much faster than Pascal due to its relatively lower CUDA core count weren’t taking underlying architecture into account. There’s more going on under the hood than the specification sheet suggests.

This is what I mentioned earlier. Now the 2080 Ti has almost 50% more Turing CUDA cores than the 2080, holy shit, that thing is going to be a beast.

EDIT 3
Here is how to watch:
  • UK: 5PM BST
  • Central Europe: 6PM CEST
  • East Coast US: 12PM EDT
  • West Coast US: 9AM PDT
  • Japan: 3AM JST Tuesday 21 August
You can watch the event Live here:

https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia?tt_content=text_link&tt_medium=live_embed

EDIT 2
RTX 2080 at the Cologne event is pretty much confirmed in 2 more days!

Nvidia has posted a trailer/teaser that has some interesting clues about the next gen cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ElMOiAOBI

EDIT 1
Nvidia announces QUATRO workstation cards based on Turing Technology and RTX (Real-Time Raytracing)
Interesting tidbit from Nvidia press release on new Quadros:
  • New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
  • Hardware support for USB Type-C™ and VirtualLink™(1), a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C™ connector.
  • New and enhanced technologies to improve the performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
Press release: https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-unveils-quadro-rtx-worlds-first-ray-tracing-gpu?linkId=100000003236181

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
847 REPLIES 847

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm this is going to make it hard for me to go for a 2080 Ti.

Worse than £1 to the $1 what a fookin joke. I am so utterly cheesed off. I picked a bad generation to skip the launch 1080ti is looking a good purchase now. I have the cash but do not like being ripped off.
Hopefully once the initial sales spike they will tank and force nvidias hand

Yeah, the excitement of the technology involved, which is hugely impressive,  is matched by the disappointment in the retail prices. Ah well, I can at least afford to carry on eating.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Worse than £1 to the $1 what a fookin joke. I am so utterly cheesed off. I picked a bad generation to skip the launch 1080ti is looking a good purchase now. I have the cash but do not like being ripped off.

just wait for AMD navi 10, Navi 14 and navi 20. They should technically be equal to or better that Nvidia's 20xx series. 

I've had Nvidia Cards for as long as I can remember. Now I think it's time to give Amd a try. When will these Amd cards be out?

nrosko
Superstar

same here it seems the £1050 is a conversion of the original $1199 rather than the US $1000 when you factor in 20% tax & exchange rate. 

LZoltowski
Champion

just wait for AMD navi 10, Navi 14 and navi 20. They should technically be equal to or better that Nvidia's 20xx series. 

Um this comparison is not going to make much sense now, better than the 20 series in what? Pure raster graphics performance? Tensor core performance? RX core performance? ... it's going to be weird now ... I hope AMD will have something competitive here. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Syrellaris
Rising Star

RedRizla said:

I've had Nvidia Cards for as long as I can remember. Now I think it's time to give Amd a try. When will these Amd cards be out?

I've been with Nvidia for ages as well. Was going to go with Vega but that turned out to be a bit of a let down.  There should be an upgraded Vega card out by the end of this year witha  20% increase over the current vega's though.

as for AMD Navi series, well if the rumours are correct(always take em with a bucket of salt) Navi 10 should arrive sometime in 2019, navi 14 soon after and Navi 20 in late 2020/early 2021. But they'll be running on 7 NM chips.

Hopefully AMD will release some info on them soonish. I really want them to compete with Nvidia with the navi series. The industry desperatly needs it.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

nrosko said:

same here it seems the £1050 is a conversion of the original $1199 rather than the US $1000 when you factor in 20% tax & exchange rate. 

So how come the Americans got a cut? I could possibly stomach £900
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
All the hype and now I feel like a spotty kid who went to a dance with a sure thing but she sure thinged with someone else 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion
Im a VAT registered business so £880 quid for me ... for the 2080Ti, phew.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And how many are you allowed to purchase my old dear friend ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.