cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia and GamesCom MEGATHREAD.RTX 2080/Ti (FIRST BENCHMARKS COMING OUT) NDA lifted.

LZoltowski
Champion
Made this thread so that we can all discuss the Nvidia announcements and anything else juicy being revealed at GamesCom 2018

EDIT 5

GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark Time Spy Benchmark Leak Approaches Titan Xp Performance

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-score-leaked-clocked-at-2ghz-and-beats-a... https://hothardware.com/news/geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-benchmark-leak-titan-xp-performance

EDIT 4

Nvidia 2080 first benchmarks:

Nvidia Shares RTX 2080 Test Results: 35 - 125% Faster Than GTX 1080

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Under certain conditions, 50%< most likely across the board without the use of AI-powered anti-aliasing.

We’re not expecting to average 50%-higher frame rates across our benchmark suite. However, enthusiasts who previously speculated that Turing wouldn’t be much faster than Pascal due to its relatively lower CUDA core count weren’t taking underlying architecture into account. There’s more going on under the hood than the specification sheet suggests.

This is what I mentioned earlier. Now the 2080 Ti has almost 50% more Turing CUDA cores than the 2080, holy shit, that thing is going to be a beast.

EDIT 3
Here is how to watch:
  • UK: 5PM BST
  • Central Europe: 6PM CEST
  • East Coast US: 12PM EDT
  • West Coast US: 9AM PDT
  • Japan: 3AM JST Tuesday 21 August
You can watch the event Live here:

https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia?tt_content=text_link&tt_medium=live_embed

EDIT 2
RTX 2080 at the Cologne event is pretty much confirmed in 2 more days!

Nvidia has posted a trailer/teaser that has some interesting clues about the next gen cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ElMOiAOBI

EDIT 1
Nvidia announces QUATRO workstation cards based on Turing Technology and RTX (Real-Time Raytracing)
Interesting tidbit from Nvidia press release on new Quadros:
  • New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
  • Hardware support for USB Type-C™ and VirtualLink™(1), a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C™ connector.
  • New and enhanced technologies to improve the performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
Press release: https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-unveils-quadro-rtx-worlds-first-ray-tracing-gpu?linkId=100000003236181

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
847 REPLIES 847

Digikid1
Consultant
*Looks at prices......and almost falls out of chair*

and those are just AMERICAN prices.....being as I am CANADIAN that $499 will be more like $799.

Screw that....Raytracing is a moot point anyways.  I'll stick with my 1070 or upgrade to a 1080Ti later down the road.

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

Screw that....Raytracing is a moot point anyways.  I'll stick with my 1070 or upgrade to a 1080Ti later down the road.

Did you watch the keynote and some of the upcoming games?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
But if I hear correctly, we are getting 10 x 1080Ti performance for this price?

Comparatively, this is a bargain?
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Not yet.  I am at work on my lunch break.  I will watch it later on when I have the time.  Interesting that In Death will be getting it though.....

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

But if I hear correctly, we are getting 10 x 1080Ti performance for this price?

Comparatively, this is a bargain?

I think that's just in one area..

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

Digikid1 said:

Not yet.  I am at work on my lunch break.  I will watch it later on when I have the time.  Interesting that In Death will be getting it though.....

Also, having fans up top makes a lot more sense to me, this is not a blower style card anymore (it doesn't blow hot air out of the back, but sucks cooler air from outside and pushes it up), most PC's have front to back and up air flow. Blue is Fans

rozoa1defdz3.jpg

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Yes I've thought of that but it gonna heat up the CPU more.

Syrellaris
Rising Star

Digikid1 said:

just build a custom water cooling setup for the cpu and upgrade to the videocard at a later point.

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

just build a custom water cooling setup for the cpu and upgrade to the videocard at a later point.

Nah.  Watercooling is a waste IMHO.  Just a simple AIO or a good air cooler will do just fine.

nrosko
Superstar

nrosko said:

Worse than £1 to the $1 what a fookin joke. I am so utterly cheesed off. I picked a bad generation to skip the launch 1080ti is looking a good purchase now. I have the cash but do not like being ripped off.
Hopefully once the initial sales spike they will tank and force nvidias hand

same here it seems the £1050 is a conversion of the original $1199 rather than the US $1000 when you factor in 20% tax & exchange rate. 

So how come the Americans got a cut? I could possibly stomach £900

It appears the 1000 is for the stock so hopefully we should see an equivalent at 900-950 still not sure im willing to pay that though. Maybe at +50% the 1080 TI but not for +30%