cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Oculus Medium 2.0!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
xsqgvuv6ykfs.jpg

It’s been 18 months since Oculus Medium launched, and now we’re out with our biggest update yet!

Medium 2.0!

This update delivers many user-requested core sculpting features, like increased layer limit, grid snapping, and multiple lights. We also have a new file management system, scene graph, and a major UI facelift that allows for faster and more intuitive navigation of Medium’s tools, settings, and options.

With Medium 2.0, you’ll spend more time in flow, ideation, and creation!

Release notes below. 

44 REPLIES 44

starakat
Explorer

Aymito said:

with version 2 I am getting a fatal error with Medium has crashed ?? older version where working fine ,,what happened ?? 😕

When are you encountering the "fatal error Medium has crashed?" On Start? If so, you may also want to try:

- Updating to the latest graphic card drivers. Stop the Oculus Runtime service, uninstall and reinstall my GFX drivers, and then start the service once more.

- Delete your Preferences folder in My Documents

I'm having the same problem about 5 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less after launching Medium.  I tried your suggestions but I'm still having the same issue.  A

starakat
Explorer
Update on Medium crashing:  I disconnected from the internet and it seems to have solved the problem, except if I take off my headset, then it crashes.  I have had crashes since 1.0 though, but 2.0 was so frequent that it has been unusable until I disconnected from the internet.  Anyone know why this would be happening?

ma3ajinx2
Honored Guest
Thanks for mentioning that the default resolution is higher. Now, since i am aware of it, i can adapt to it. That helped a lot. @LuluViBritannia

yes, i do say harsh things when i am frustrated. Many people who are frustrated only think harsh things and keep their anger inside. I do not..... anyway... thanks a lot for answering.

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
We pushed a patch to solve some of the issues you're seeing! 

Medium 2.01 Release Notes

Bug Fixes:

• Loading 2.0 saved sculpts that had layer operations executed (renaming, uprezing, center, etc) previously caused transforms and hierarchies to not save correctly. Sculpt saves going forward should no longer exhibit this behavior. Older affected sculpts may be fixed automatically.

• Log files no longer increasing in size over time sculpting in Medium

• Fixed compatibility with Asynchronous Spacewarp

• Took out misplaced audio on the “Import Mesh as Clay” tool tip video

• Stalls on Exit that required the task manager to close Medium should be fixed.

Known Problems:

• Sometimes, after exporting a mesh and immediately exiting, Medium will crash on close.

• Transforms in saved sculpts will not delete.

• Crashes during video recording.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
W00T!!! Been looking forward to getting stuck in to layer heirarchy

Parhelion
Protege
AMAZING updates! 

That being said, I'm patiently waiting for Steady Stroke to work when Clay Tool is set to Surface.
Keep up the good work and thanks for always being aware of all the user's feedback  🙂

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
We pushed another patch!! 

Medium 2.02 Release Notes

Bug Fixes:

• Recording a 2D video while sculpting no longer crashes. Audio should be in sync over time.

• Fixed the crash when deleting the parent of 4+ entities in a saved sculpt.

• Occasional crash when quitting Medium in-app after exporting is fixed.

• Asset browser directory watch doesn’t break when watching a folder with 64+ sub-folders.

• Odd cubic banding on the clay surface appearing after a lot of sculpting has been eradicated.

• Phantom transforms delete properly now after saving and loading sculpts.

• Crash when deleting the parent of the speaker is fixed.

• Surface constraint with mirror no longer results in asymmetry.

• Crash when using the eyedropper to collect color on very old reference images in the scene is fixed!

• A few notification scenarios are now better: you are given more detail when you reach the maximum number of lights, as well as when you are unable to save without clay in the scene.

• Opening the WinSxS folder in the Asset Browser doesn’t crash any more.

• Watching videos - as tutorials or tooltips - used to crash users during VR Recordings and Studio Share. No longer! (Basically, you can’t do this anymore)

• Selecting “New” or “Load Sculpt” with the Material or Lights panels open no longer results in a duplicated panel stuck on the ground plane.

Known Problems:

• Hitching during first connection of Studio Share still exists.

• Creating a stamp from a layer in Medium doesn’t preserve its grid- or axis-alignment.

• We are thinking about surface constraint and steady stroke and their uses together. Hold tight!

LaptopCharger
Honored Guest
If the application eats up too much GPU and memory, that may be because
the default resolution is higher than the one from Medium 1.0. Just
decrease the resolution for some layers, it should be a relief for your
computer xD.The interface is much smoother and the various new tools were essential assets for accurate 3D-modeling.in Any Case there is any issue regarding Dell laptop Charger.you purchase it from our website.

malekula999
Honored Guest
I cant even start it ( fatal error 

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey @malekula999, sorry it took so long to get back to you (I was on vacation!) - responded to you here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68786/medium-crashed#latest