cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia and GamesCom MEGATHREAD.RTX 2080/Ti (FIRST BENCHMARKS COMING OUT) NDA lifted.

LZoltowski
Champion
Made this thread so that we can all discuss the Nvidia announcements and anything else juicy being revealed at GamesCom 2018

EDIT 5

GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark Time Spy Benchmark Leak Approaches Titan Xp Performance

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-score-leaked-clocked-at-2ghz-and-beats-a... https://hothardware.com/news/geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-timespy-benchmark-leak-titan-xp-performance

EDIT 4

Nvidia 2080 first benchmarks:

Nvidia Shares RTX 2080 Test Results: 35 - 125% Faster Than GTX 1080

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-gaming-benchmarks-rasterized,37679.html

Under certain conditions, 50%< most likely across the board without the use of AI-powered anti-aliasing.

We’re not expecting to average 50%-higher frame rates across our benchmark suite. However, enthusiasts who previously speculated that Turing wouldn’t be much faster than Pascal due to its relatively lower CUDA core count weren’t taking underlying architecture into account. There’s more going on under the hood than the specification sheet suggests.

This is what I mentioned earlier. Now the 2080 Ti has almost 50% more Turing CUDA cores than the 2080, holy shit, that thing is going to be a beast.

EDIT 3
Here is how to watch:
  • UK: 5PM BST
  • Central Europe: 6PM CEST
  • East Coast US: 12PM EDT
  • West Coast US: 9AM PDT
  • Japan: 3AM JST Tuesday 21 August
You can watch the event Live here:

https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia?tt_content=text_link&tt_medium=live_embed

EDIT 2
RTX 2080 at the Cologne event is pretty much confirmed in 2 more days!

Nvidia has posted a trailer/teaser that has some interesting clues about the next gen cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ElMOiAOBI

EDIT 1
Nvidia announces QUATRO workstation cards based on Turing Technology and RTX (Real-Time Raytracing)
Interesting tidbit from Nvidia press release on new Quadros:
  • New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
  • Hardware support for USB Type-C™ and VirtualLink™(1), a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C™ connector.
  • New and enhanced technologies to improve the performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
Press release: https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-unveils-quadro-rtx-worlds-first-ray-tracing-gpu?linkId=100000003236181

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
847 REPLIES 847

RedRizla said:

Techy111 said:

Well I might finally jump on the 1080ti wagon then. How much you think I’ll get for a founders edition 1080 ?

Let me know when you sell it and I might consider selling my Geforce 1080 - j/k. I'm in no rush to sell my Geforce 1080, because it plays all the VR games and I can max out setting using my 2D 1080p screen. I'll purchhase a Geforce 1080Ti when CV2 arrives..

Yeah i think people who go from a 1080 will be kicking themselves in 12 months when they really want an upgrade.  A 1080 might well be fine for the CV2 to be honest.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

How about having a thread dedicated for 1080 Ti & 2080 Ti best prices? I'd find it super useful as this info can get lost in a megathread…. & deviations from that specific topic not allowed!

Deviations from topic not allowed.  New threads not allowed.

Stalemate!    :s

Well it would be comparison thread between 2 cards so technically not 2080 specific. Well anyway, that's why I ask the question before starting a thread 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

How about having a thread dedicated for 1080 Ti & 2080 Ti best prices? I'd find it super useful as this info can get lost in a megathread…. & deviations from that specific topic not allowed!

Well it would be comparison thread between 2 cards so technically not 2080 specific. Well anyway, that's why I ask the question before starting a thread 🙂

I'm fine with that as it might be quite useful, just don't want 2000 Nvidia threads, post it in off-topic, have no issue with it, might even sticky it 😛
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@LZoltowski - He showed that room without all the touches that devs can add, this is what I was saying. He was showing it at it's worst. I listened to what he said, but he showed that room at it's worse to make RayTracing look even better..

I'm fine with that as it might be quite useful, just don't want 2000 Nvidia threads, post it in off-topic, have no issue with it, might even sticky it 😛

@bigmike20vt, @Techy111 & @LZoltowski you've already done some work on prices... one of you want to do the honours? I'm happy to, but don't want to steel anyone's thunder!

LZoltowski
Champion

@bigmike20vt, @Techy111 & @LZoltowski you've already done some work on prices... one of you want to do the honours? I'm happy to, but don't want to steel anyone's thunder!

Go ahead DnD, busy day for me here so if youre happy to do it, shoot.

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Here Resident Evil with no RayTracing. Nothing like the room he showed.

6ixhzb6e3tyi.jpg

That looks suspiciously like the Ray trace version RedRizla

LZoltowski
Champion

RedRizla said:

Here Resident Evil with no RayTracing. Nothing like the room he showed.

6ixhzb6e3tyi.jpg

Yeah that is baked, the light outside cannot move, also any moveable object in that game stands out a bit, they used Photogrammetry for a lot of the environments, taking photos of real rooms and places, hence it looks like that.

But RE had a huge budget, imagine an indie trying to achieve this.

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

That looks suspiciously like the Ray trace version RedRizla

Just shows what can be done without it..