cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Is it possible to put the Go into a Kiosk mode, as in to only play a single application automatically upon turning on the device.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision
109 REPLIES 109

Sam-VR-House
Explorer
For apps a kiosk mode would add more value to the Oculus Go for businesses! For 360° video's we have developed a kiosk-style video player. 

EZ360 is an easy way to show 360 videos. It automatically starts a video when someone puts on the headset. When you hand the headset to someone else the video resets and the next person can view it from the beginning. If you have any questions, please let me know!

MetaRick0001
Protege
I am curious if anyone has got any reply to this? Seems strange that on this forum most questions raised are answered by Oculus staff except on this point... Anyone got and concrete NO/YES the feature is coming?

takoy
Honored Guest

Until 2 days ago I've been using kiosk mode to run on the OculusGo only my app. I've used a 3rd party service which allowed me to do that.

Now after the latest OS update that Oculus have just released this option is not available anymore. You can't start your own Launcher..

So not only that they don't provide this service to their clients / early adopters - they are now actively BLOCKING it and forcing us to develop on other headsets instead..

Why did you block it?

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
+1
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1

icespace-dev
Honored Guest
+1

novalinkDev
Honored Guest
Oculus staff, please implement this!

StephaneA
Honored Guest
+1 we need a kiosk mode and a way to disable the need of the controler to resume an app

victordevega
Honored Guest
+1

nothingad
Explorer
+1 also from my Side! There has to be a solution for this problem
get in touch www.david-schuetze.de

MetaRick0001
Protege

undef_dev said:

We managed to create a minimal "KioskMode" Android Launcher.

Download KioskMode .apk here: http://oculusgokioskmode.undef.ch/

This launcher is a workaround since oculus still does not provide any function to implement a proper "kiosk mode".

I see they blocked this, was our option to do the next show. You guys looking at trying to do a fix or a lost cause?