cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Found the Fix and possible reasons Oculus Go's will not connect to PCs for file transfer

kingzope
Protege
Update:  So I found the fix for both issues.  The one is simple. 

If you are prompted to allow access to the file system but nothing comes up you need to go into device manager and totally uninstall and delete the oculus ADB driver.

If you aren't prompted at all the only fix I found was to Factory Reset the Oculus Go from the Oculus App and add it back.  Upon doing that it worked when connecting to my PCs.

I saw that the Oculus Go can be connected to a PC for file transfer however every PC I connect it to no prompts come up and I never see the drive in my file system.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received
46 REPLIES 46

BackendGames
Explorer
I am also having the same problems. It is very frustrating. Actually returned my Go back to Best Buy. I thought it was a usb hardware problem on the headset. It worked for the first couple of times and then stopped working  No USB access to the Go and cannot now access files on the Go.. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try this new developer driver and see if that helps?
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-go-adb-drivers/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PeepinTheGame
Explorer

Can you try this new developer driver and see if that helps?
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-go-adb-drivers/

This did not help me 😞

PeepinTheGame
Explorer

I'm running into the same issue. I've uninstalled and installed, rebooted both and adb in unity doesnt pick it up.

Have you figured this out yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a huge problem.  I'm not about to do a factory reset when that might not even fix it.  ADB drivers have always been troubling for me as I have developed for many android devices over the years, and it seems that adb has caused me so many headaches.  Come on Oculus, fix this now.  I tried the Samsung ones, but windows says it already has the best drivers.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try these steps?
And also try with these drivers?

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Shozen
Honored Guest
I had the same problem but I fixed it by using a different USB cable than the one that was shipped with it.

omni_shanker
Explorer
I was having this problem.  Fixed it by simply typing "adb devices", which starts the adb server of course.  Then it showed up fine.  My Go is in developer mode.  Perhaps this is normal for developer mode?

davegalt
Honored Guest
When I first got my Oculus Go, I connected it to my PC and transferred a 360 video, and everything worked fine. Now when I connect the Oculus Go to my PC it doesn't show up in File Explorer, and neither does the Oculus Go prompt me to accept the connection (it only temporarily displays the charging percentage)

I tried this on a separate PC which I had never connected to before and got the same problem so I assume the issue is with the Oculus Go and not the PC's.

Watching my own 360 videos was the main reason for buying the Oculus Go, so I'm very interested in getting this connection working again. I also bought Oculus Go's for both of my sons who want to use it for the same thing, so I hope there's a solution to this problem.

VMC
Honored Guest
I found this workaround that works pretty consistently for me:
  1. In the Oculus app on your phone go to Settings
  2. Select Oculus Go XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (serial number)
  3. Select More Settings
  4. Select Developer Mode
  5. Toggle Developer Mode Off (Windows Explorer should now see your Oculus Go, but you won't be able to navigate any folders)
  6. Toggle Developer Mode On (Windows Explorer will no longer see your Oculus Go)
  7. Put on your Oculus Go and accept the device connection confirmation (Windows Explorer should see your Oculus Go again, and you'll be able to navigate folders).
So it appears that somewhere between Windows 10 and the Oculus Go, when the Go is disconnected or powered off, the Developer Mode authentication is forgotten and needs to be reconnected. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but it is confusing.
Hope this helps others.