Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart files VR patent

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Smart move!

Walmart files patent application for VR shopping

Walmart applied for two patents that show how the chain plans to create a "virtual retail showroom" and fulfillment system that would let customers shop in a computer-generated version of its stores

Consumers wearing virtual reality (VR) headsets and sensory gloves would have the sensation of walking through product aisles and picking out items for home delivery

https://www.mobilemarketer.com/news/walmart-files-patent-application-for-vr-shopping/530451/

11 REPLIES 11

CrashFu
Consultant
Not gonna lie, I would probably use such a service at least once.

I mean, think about it: You could shop at Walmart in the nude!  Which I'm sure someone has done before, but the difference is I won't get arrested for it! :wink:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

LZoltowski
Champion
It would be great if it had some sort of Gamification, like a VR version of supermarket sweep? Or if you would get a baseball bat and do what you always wanted to do, trash the whole place and get that anger out!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂