cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get rid of 'Press the menu button to open up the tray' popup on left controller

igmackenzie
Explorer
In Home, I just can't get rid of the popup mentioned in title. It's always there!
Any help on this?
11 REPLIES 11

Digikid1
Consultant
Just go through the tutorial for it by doing what it says.  It's annoying as hell I agree and Oculus needs a swift kick for making it so annoying.

igmackenzie
Explorer
I press the menu button as it asks, and nothing happens. It just will not go away!

igmackenzie
Explorer
Sorry, guys, but it won't go away.  Didn't used to be like this. That irritating prompt is ALWAYS there in Oculus Home for me.  
Do I need to raise a support ticket on this?

igmackenzie
Explorer
Sorry, guys, but it won't go away.  Didn't used to be like this. That irritating prompt is ALWAYS there in Oculus Home for me.  
Do I need to raise a support ticket on this?

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I had this issue as well. SO I thought maybe the new tutorial would show me how to close it.
Now, I can'r get rid of the irritating "Edit you avatar" prompt even though I did go ahead, edit the avatar, and save the new version.
Help!   How do we close these prompts???
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

NB_Destroyer
Explorer
Have you tried going through the full Oculus setup, straight form the beginning, through the Oculus Home app?
Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White

sford52
Heroic Explorer
NB- thank you, that worked. Thank you
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

igmackenzie
Explorer
For me, just going to the Edit Avatar and saving worked.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
I encountered the same, I had to follow through the whole stupid tutorial on making an avatar to get it to go away. Then they added another one for installing stuff made in medium, a program I used for 5 minutes and then uninstalled. Oculus needs to stop adding this garbage.