Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 37 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 346
    Trinity
    @szopin ; Thanks for the info, will add it to my todo-list and take a look at it.

@igmackenzie ; Might be that ASW is being updated too fast, some games don't like that it seems.
    It the latest beta i have added a few delay options that might help, will send the beta when i get home.

Cheers!
  • igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    dburne sai

My profile works in DCS. I would note the OTT and DCS seem to be a little buggy working together of late, I have the audio confirmation box checked so I know when a profile is getting applied.
    Sometimes when I launch DCS I do not get audio confirmation, and indeed when I start a flight I see my profile is not applied. Exit DCS and then launch again, then I get audio confirmation and confirm profile is applied.

For some reason DCS is the only game so far I have this with the OTT. So you might try setting your audio confirmation on just to be sure the profile is actually applied.

Also be sure you have the profile pointed to DCS.exe.
    That was it, thanks. Yes, by enabling the audio confirmation, it was clear that sometimes the profile wasn't being applied.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited July 2018
    Oh crap! I thought this was still bugged after the mess we had a couple of months back and was waiting all this time for an update - I hadn't uninstalled it but it was pretty useless up to now and I thought this was the same for everyone.
    Had been checking the download page for a new version since then, but didn't see one.

Looking here now, it looks like it should in fact be working okay - is this right?

edit: I just downloaded the linked version and it is the same one - from March. So I don't get it... mine's been messed up for a couple of months. Oh well - I'll go through the usuals and see if I can sort it... :(

OK - done a clean reinstall to start with, I'll see how it goes. I did have one error after installation, though:

not a biggy if it can't set the USB to not suspend. I did switch that off via group policy after installing the O/S but it doesn't always work. I also use USBDeview - don't know if that will affect anything.

• whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    @ApollyonVR
     Thank you so very much for OTT  One little detail sometime would be to have a volume control for the startup confirmation voice. It seems too loud for me now but I want to adjust my audio volume normally for the game.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow, are we ever going to get an update? Cant power down my pc because OTT wont release from memory. Irksome.
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    My voice commands stopped working. Every time I start OTT it shows Voice Commands as disabled. I can change it to enabled but it still doesn't work. And when I restart OTT it goes back to disabled.

I recently upgraded windows 10 to the latest feature update (1803), not sure if that's related.
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    FolkSong said:
    My voice commands stopped working. Every time I start OTT it shows Voice Commands as disabled. I can change it to enabled but it still doesn't work. And when I restart OTT it goes back to disabled.

I recently upgraded windows 10 to the latest feature update (1803), not sure if that's related.
    Have you made sure the Windows 10 voice commands themselves are working? They can be a bit fiddly sometimes
    Trinity
    Anyone interested in the helping out and test the new beta, feel free to ping me here or PM me or get my attention somehow, and i'll get it for you.
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    FolkSong said:

Have you made sure the Windows 10 voice commands themselves are working? They can be a bit fiddly sometimes

Yes I did check that. I ended up doing a "reset all settings to default" in OTT and now it's working again. The settings must have gotten corrupted or something.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    @ApollyonVR ;

Just fyi - recently started playing Star Trek Bridge Crew again - after getting The Next Generation DLC.
     I now get two audio confirmations each time I launch the game. Not sure if that affects anything but thought I should mention it. 2nd audio confirmation comes a few seconds after the 1st.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • spikes525spikes525 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    hi, noob question, this tool look good but..... how it work's, did you have some tuto or something to help before i broke something
    thank's
    spikes525 said:
    hi, noob question, this tool look good but..... how it work's, did you have some tuto or something to help before i broke something
    thank's
    Check out this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqK-Q2YdI0
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    I'm having issues with the try tools menu disappearing out of screen and I have to lower my native resolution to get it to come back to the FOV center of the monitor to use it. 2560x1440, I have to lower my res to 1920x1080 to get it from the top left corner and bring it back to the middle of the screen then go back to my higher native resolution.
    " any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
    Unfortunately, the firmware update seems to have bricked it - for me, at least.

Trinity
    @71st_Mastiff I should be able to fix that for next release.

@Brixmis ; What do you mean? Bricked OTT or you Rift? if you are haing issues with the Rift after a FW update i think it's better you post in the Support category. If you are having issues with OTT then some more info on the problem would be great.

The new version is taking some time due to other works things, summer vacations, and recent family stuff that needs dealing with. I am working on it, it will come, but it will take a little time to get ready. Sorry for the wait.

Cheers!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,029
    Wintermute
    After the latest 1.29 firmware update I found I just needed to uninstall OTT (everything, including profiles and settings), then reinstall OTT and select the options I want plus redo profiles (I only had a few of these).  After this it seems to work fine (in both Core 1.0 and Core 2.0 Homes btw).  Prior to this it did not seem happy to use profiles and audio switching was a bit hit and miss.  Ok now for me though.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    TomCgcmfc said:
    After the latest 1.29 firmware update I found I just needed to uninstall OTT (everything, including profiles and settings), then reinstall OTT and select the options I want plus redo profiles (I only had a few of these).  After this it seems to work fine (in both Core 1.0 and Core 2.0 Homes btw).  Prior to this it did not seem happy to use profiles and audio switching was a bit hit and miss.  Ok now for me though.
    I gave that a try and OTT would not start up fully, was just stuck on loading and never started up. Luckily I had not emptied my recycle bin after deleting the remaining files after uninstall, so I restored the OTT.db and OTT.log files that were in the recycle bin, and now it starts properly again.

Not sure why that happened in my case, I would suggest anyone that tries this to not permanently delete those files from the recycle bin just in case.
    Don

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player

The new version is taking some time due to other works things, summer vacations, and recent family stuff that needs dealing with. I am working on it, it will come, but it will take a little time to get ready. Sorry for the wait.

Cheers!
    Family ALWAYS comes first.  So to hell with OTT and get family fixed first bud!  :)
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    +1
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    +1
    Reporting in after a complete uninstall and reinstall of OTT after the Oculus firmware update - still not working as it should.

Starts and so-on, but doesn't switch audio and the profiles don't seem to be effective - at least for the ASW side of things (not being disabled).

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    ASW didn't turned off when I launched IL-2, and I had to launch the Sim 2 times before SS applied for the profil (and finally confirmed by the OTT audio feedback).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

I uninstalled OTT and then did a new install, and that seemed to fix my issue with IL-2 where my profile was not always applying. I have launched the game several times now and it is always applying for me now.
    However - I strongly suggest saving the OTT.db and OTT.log files outside of the Tray Tool folder. Upon my new install OTT would not load, it was stuck on starting up. I pasted those files back in the OTT folder and then all was well again.

ApollyonVR said a fix should be in the next update but he is being sidetracked currently with some other things going on in life.
    Don

Trinity
    @dburne I think the hanging issue is caused by a bug where a database table is not found on first startup, e.g. like a fresh install when there is no ott.db present, and no upgrade from a earlier version is done. If you just end-task the oculustraytool.exe process and start OTT again, the table should be successfully created and OTT start as it should. I have fixed that bug in the new version.

I am still looking for testers for the new version, so just holler if you're interested.
    I'm happy to test.

Trinity
    Awesome, will send it to you i a PM.
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Noticed the new Oculus update? Sounds like it could help managing the Oculus library, especially 3rd party apps.
  • AlppuccinoAlppuccino Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The download link isn't working for me it gives me error 500 on dropbox