cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus rift restarts computer (sometimes) when i try to start or quit games.

Tintinero1
Sightseer
Hi, i have just got my oculus rift + touch 3 days ago, and something that i notice is that when i try to start a game, sometimes my pc restarts, i have to disconect and connect the oculus rift to my pc and hope for it to not restart at the next game. I have no problems being at the main hub, it is just when i try to initialize a game. Any idea of why is this happening to me? it's really frustrating.

Specs:
Processor: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4, 3200MHz ( 2 x 8GB )
Graphics: ASUS AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
PSU: Seasonic prime 1000w titanium
Running in windows 10

NOTE:
I have all my drivers up to date and i already tried a fresh installation of windows 10 but nothing has worked so far, it keeps restarting my pc sometimes.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please uninstall all Asus software (like AI Suite and Sonic Suite). Try different USB ports for Rift headset (USB 2.0 is fine). Check the USB 3.0 drivers for your motherboard. Update if they are old, or uninstall and try Microsoft default.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Tintinero1
Sightseer

Please uninstall all Asus software (like AI Suite and Sonic Suite). Try different USB ports for Rift headset (USB 2.0 is fine). Check the USB 3.0 drivers for your motherboard. Update if they are old, or uninstall and try Microsoft default.

ok, i uninstalled all asus software, tried different USB ports for the rift headset and sensors (3.0 and 2.0) and also i checked my usb 3.0 drivers, uninstalled them, updated them etc. Nothing worked :(, it keeps rebooting my pc sometimes, i don't know what else to do. Any suggestion?