cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.30 (Rolling Out Now) Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • We added a bunch of new design updates for improved panel navigation, management, as well as a more consistent visual treatment.
    • Experiments Panel: A new experiments panel has been added to the Settings menu. From here you can try new features and product experiments (all features here are subject to change):
      • Wrist Watch: once enabled, your left wrist will display the time when Dash is up. If you pin the watch, it will display on your wrist in Home and in all apps.
      • Pullout Panels: Press A + Grip and pullout individual app windows from Oculus Desktop and place them anywhere.
      • Remove Panel Footer: this setting removes the visual controls (chrome) on all Dash panels.
    • Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
  • Oculus Home
    • Improved graphics card support for panel streaming: The ability to stream your desktop content directly to displays in your Home is now supported across additional graphics cards.
    • Summer Furniture : A new collection of 10 assets that fit a tropical summer theme. Objects include:
      • Lustrous Palm
      • Beach Read
      • Florence the Flamingo
      • Summertime Recliner
      • Summertime Umbrella
      • Surfboard
      • One Swan-a-Swimming Floatie
      • Buddy Bear Floatie
      • Sidewinding Serpent Floatie
      • Shabby Sharkhead
    • Tutorial Improvements: Tutorials for new users should now be easier to manage with the addition of lessons in your Home settings menu. In the Interface section of settings, each section of Home tutorials is available to start individually, giving you quick access to the information you need. In addition, you can now dismiss an individual tutorial at any point in the process.
  • Oculus Desktop App
    • Improvements to Unknown Sources: The ability to bulk import applications, as well as re-add previously removed applications via your Library. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
115 REPLIES 115

DickTheSpoon
Honored Guest
Glad it's not just me getting the Home started at windows boot and the false error  about the Guardian system not working. I just spent an hour trying to work out what the heck was going on. Where do I submit feedback going blind as I can't find it anywhere???????????? 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it's not just me getting the Home started at windows boot and the false error  about the Guardian system not working. I just spent an hour trying to work out what the heck was going on. Where do I submit feedback going blind as I can't find it anywhere???????????? 😞

On the Oculus Home screen on your monitor.
Lower left - Help Center - Provide Feedback.

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star

I'll have to ask about the wrist watch. Last I remember, it would only happen if you haven't completed the Home tutorial. If you follow the instructions on the watch (I think you have to invite one friend and maybe do a few actions) then the panel will disappear.

Oh god, I hope not. I'm a professional introvert.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Feel free to add me if you want, you should be able to remove me after the tutorial.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone that is getting this auto start on bootup now, be sure and submit feedback on it. I hope they correct that soon.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've received the auto start on boot reports and are working to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've received the auto start on boot reports and are working to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you!

DickTheSpoon
Honored Guest

dburne said:

On the Oculus Home screen on your monitor.
Lower left - Help Center - Provide Feedback.

Thank you, obvious when you think about it 😮

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi have they implemented a way to bulk open the furniture unlocks for home yet? It seems madness it me, it literally will take me a whole game session to open them all
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Has anyone else had gift boxes that don’t have anything in them?  Happened to me a few times. Grab it and throw it and.....nothing.