cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home 1.30 - Can't Disable Launch when Windows Starts Up

As per the title, unless it's late and I'm too tired to see something obvious.

I had disabled auto-start when Windows starts-up in 1.29 but I can't remember if it was an option in Home or I'd disabled it via Windows task manager. Either way, I can't seem to be able to stop 1.30 from launching at every start-up. What am I missing this time?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a confirmed bug, they are working on it ( see the 1.30 thread).
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68911/oculus-rift-1-30-on-public-test-channel-relea...

Techy111
MVP
MVP
+1 me also
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And an added one to this, under devices it says my usb drivers need updating with a warning triangle, they are upto date. Go back to home then into devices again and all is green ? Anyone else getting this ? @cybereality ??? Bug ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You guys should consider making these posts in the 1.30 PTC thread. ( assuming you are running 1.30).
Also submit feedback to Oculus as well. The more reports they get via the feedback maybe the quicker they can get on some of these things.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Done 😉

Thanks guys, I didn't notice there was a 1.30 thread, just saw the 1.29 thread title, will add my 2 cents to that thread.

I have 2 big things (& no, that doesn't mean I should be in a circus). 1 thing is lack of control... hate it! Second thing is energy use. I've made this point several times, but I'll make it again... Home initiates increased power use of your GPU, even when you're not usinng your headset and it's only apparent when monitoring GPU temps as Windows doesn't report this GPU utilisation. My temp rises from an initial 42 deg to 65 within a minute and returns to 42 only after closing Home. It's not enough of a rise to make fan noise noticeable so I only know it's happening by checking temps.

Really needs to be sorted.

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is an issue with the 1.30 Public Test Channel release. We're aware of the problem and are looking to fix it for the official release (if possible). Also, if you are in the PTC, it's best to expect there to be bugs and report them through the app (Help Center -> Provide Feedback in the lower left of Oculus app) as that will help engineering solve the problem. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant
Oh it’s possible. You cannot tell us that it isn’t. 

Yep, I've added my comments via the app's feedback, will make sure I always do that in the future. That's not to say I won't occasionally vent my spleen in the forum... cos forums are all about being angry and mouthy.

(no they're not kids... use Twitter for that)