cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If anyone is interesting in participating in Community Rankings (strictly for bragging rights) then post screenshots of your best Beat Saber scores here!

If you're looking for friends to compete with directly, then add anyone from this thread, or check out the community Friends Megathread:

Game on!

482 REPLIES 482

Digikid1
Consultant
Actually you don't even need to swing your arms very much.  Use your wrists.

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

/me looks at your advice... then looks at your scores. Riiiight ::lol: 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I tried focusing more on wrist action... but nope! It's gotta be the arms. Elbows and Shoulders all the way!

Wildt
Consultant
Indeed - I'm not saying you should keep your wrists straight - you might as well utilize all your joints to get those 90+60 degrees slices (for 70+30 points), but unless you have hypermobile joints, I wouldn't place too much focus on the wrists. 

EDIT: I accidentially wrote the points instead of degrees.

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

Digikid1 said:

/me looks at your advice... then looks at your scores. Riiiight ::lol: 

It’s actually not my advice but the advice of one of my friends that has this game on steam. One that has higher scores than yours I may add. So...... 😛 😛 😛

Wildt
Consultant
I demand proof! :lol:

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

I demand proof! :lol:

When I get home. Currently away. I don’t don’t do demands but if you ask nicely.  B)

Wildt
Consultant
I expect a mixed reality video of someone owning my scores with only wrist movements! :smiley:

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

I expect a mixed reality video of someone owning my scores with only wrist movements! :smiley:

You’ll get a screenshot with his score if he provides it. The choice is entirely up to him. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

You’ll get a screenshot with his score if he provides it. The choice is entirely up to him. 

What's your friends game name? I can just look him up. There's plenty of YouTube vids of people getting perfect combo's and high scores, no one is using their wrists as a primary technique. It really doesn't make much sense anyway considering how the scoring system works. Unless someone has super human wrists that achieve a 90 degree angle at the start of a swing and follow through with a 30 degree arc. And at expert level with rapid cubes from multiple angles? Not only does it not make sense, but no one showing videos of themselves with top scores is doing that.

"Not swinging your arms very much" seems impossible. A normal wrist cannot start at a perfect 90 degrees upwards, and then bend down an additional 30 degrees. The bones just don't do that. You can simulate it with your hand wide open, but it's even worse if you're holding something in your hands... like a controller or sword; the degree restriction becomes worse.

I think your friend is trying to trick you lol. Either that or your friend is an octopus.