cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

@Techy111 - I'm thinking of putting a empty box of Corn Flakes on ebay, I've just got to finish eating the Corn Flakes first. I'm going to start the bidding at 25p, but I'm open to offers..
Will it have a driving licence in it?

I'm sure that's where most people round here get theirs.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Howcome everyone talks about going for 2080 TI at £1200?

Whats wrong with just going for a 2080 for £750? 

Seems to me that people just want to buy the ti just because they can but what is wrong with just going for a 2080 for half the price? Surely the 2080 is still an amazing card? They said it can do 4k and future proof for VR etc? That's the card I'm planning on buying. Why would you want or need better then a 2080?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
the 2080 may be a great card... but my worries with it (no one can be certain of anything at this point)

my worry with it is that if NOT using tensor cores it is looking to be slower than a 1080ti (it has less cuda cores so this is not a crazy prediction)

OTOH for RTX tombraider was running at around 50fps, dropping to the 40s and that was with a 2080ti @1080p .... the BF5 devs are *targetting* 60fps 1080p with RTX on.. .presumably again with a 2080ti.

the RTX2080 may well be a great card, but without tensor cores support  in games i doubt it will be quicker than a 1080ti (its "only" £85 dearer so that may not worry you).... and also the jury is still out on whether it will be fast enough for Ray Tracing

All that said i typed this all out and notice you asked this in the price comparison thread!.... you should prolly of asked in the other one. 

(PS back on track  if you are going to pre-order one, the MSI  "Duke" looks pretty good at £715, gigabyte also have one at that price... better than paying £750 imo)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

I guess it depends what card they have now. People just want to have a really noticeable improvement. Sometimes it feels better to have a 30% improvement for £1200 than a 15% improvement for £750.

I want a Ti but I’ll wait for prices to fall to MSRP levels (hopefully)

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Yeah true, I get your points. I currently have a 1060 so I feel like jumping to 2080 will be a massive increase. And yeah £715 sounds decent.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I would never spend £750 on a card. I would never spend £500 on a card. Even if I had the cash to throw away. There's a limit to how much I will allow companies to overcharge me, and I won't let them rip me off by that much.

I don't care how much research or technology has gone into it (that will likely be bugger-all use to me in any case). These cards could be a lot cheaper, but as long as the sheep of the world keep paying these silly prices, they won't come down.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Already have a 1080ti so moving up to the 2080 is not really an option for me.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Baaaaa

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Already have a 1080ti so moving up to the 2080 is not really an option for me.

your money etc etc but i personally would not even contemplate upgrading if i had a 1080ti!... that card should easily be good enough to see you through to the next gen imo, by which point there should be a lot more games out there supporting ray tracing.... and hopefully the new cards will have matured such that you wont have to compromise your resolution so much to run it.

imo it is the people with the maxwell generation / or low end pascal looking to go up the ladder who will benefit from the new cards.
as i said, to each their own however..... 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, these prices are really damping my enthusiasm. I have no doubt that ray tracing will eventually be too enticing not to have an RTX card, but I'm not sure that the performance (or the uptake from developers) will be there in the first generation of RTX.

In 2014 I paid $650 CAD for a GTX980, which was the most I'd ever spent on a GPU (also my first "8" level card since the 8800GTX). Less than two years later I paid $850 CAD for a GTX1080 (I sold my 980 for $400, so that softened the blow). Now another two years on, I'm having trouble justifying another $270 price increase for a single-gen upgrade to the RTX2080 (never mind the RTX2080Ti, which is double the price of my 1080).

Currently my 1080 handles everything I play, so I'm going to either wait until better prices come about, or perhaps I'll wait until the next gen to get an RTX. When CV2 comes along, depending on its requirements, that may influence my decision, but I suspect that the 1080 will still be plenty powerful for it.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo