cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Change Install Path?

TheBravados
Honored Guest
Hey, dudes! 

Just got my Rift the other day and I absolutely love it! However, my SSD is filling up pretty fast - is there a way to change the install path for my games in the rift? Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can, but you'll have to uninstall the Oculus app and reinstall. Be sure to choose a drive/folder with enough space. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Johannes1365156
Honored Guest
How, can I change the install path? The only path I can change is the path for the Installation of the VR apps.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See here:
https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nathaniel_ed
Honored Guest
Hey, sorry for bringing back an old post, but I have a problem. I'm running Windows 7, so I need to use the Run command to get around the hotfix check (i.e. OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck). But to change the drive, I need to be able to use a different Run command. My problem is that I don't know how to use both Run commands at the same time. I've tried Googling stuff, but nothing has worked. Upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option at this time, nor is using my C: drive. I run my OS on a small drive and use a couple of bigger drives for storage. Help! And thank you!

cybereality
Grand Champion
No I don't think that works. Though you only need the Oculus app itself on the C drive (it should take around 50GB), the games can be in any folder.

Clarification on cyberreality's answer:

You can't change the actual install path but you can change the drive by specifying the /drive=<drive letter> as a command line argument (see the support link cybereality provide).

By default it will attempt to install to: C:\Program Files\Oculus\
If you specify a /drive cli parameter it will attempt to install to <drive_letter>:\Oculus

can i have the command path? im dumb and cant figure out how to do it and have the same problem

This isn't working for me. For some reason it's saying I don't have that file. 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

just go into your library and i think its settings.