cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I am striving for 4K@60 fps with high - max settings and the 1080ti just falls short in a number of games. I am hoping the 2080 Ti can manage it or at least can come close. Maybe I will be disappointed, maybe not. We shall see. Like I said, I expect at least a 30% improvement over the 1080ti which follows the track record of new Nvidia cards. The upgrade performance gain from the 1080 to the 1080 ti was ~ 30%. If the 2080 is 6% better than the 1080, then the 2080 Ti being 30% better than the 1080ti is not a far fetched desire.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Dilip
Rising Star
Here is nice review over why GTX 20 Series is better to be sidelined by say...almost ANYone

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-2080-2070-gaming-performance-50-faster-vs-pascal-but-is-it-w...

So nvidia need hard reasons for GTX 20XX investment from real gamers... Miners are always there with their 
wide open kitty and of-course salivating mouth. (God curse crypto miners...if he is there ofcourse  )

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

Yeah, these prices are really damping my enthusiasm. I have no doubt that ray tracing will eventually be too enticing not to have an RTX card, but I'm not sure that the performance (or the uptake from developers) will be there in the first generation of RTX.

In 2014 I paid $650 CAD for a GTX980, which was the most I'd ever spent on a GPU (also my first "8" level card since the 8800GTX). Less than two years later I paid $850 CAD for a GTX1080 (I sold my 980 for $400, so that softened the blow). Now another two years on, I'm having trouble justifying another $270 price increase for a single-gen upgrade to the RTX2080 (never mind the RTX2080Ti, which is double the price of my 1080).

Currently my 1080 handles everything I play, so I'm going to either wait until better prices come about, or perhaps I'll wait until the next gen to get an RTX. When CV2 comes along, depending on its requirements, that may influence my decision, but I suspect that the 1080 will still be plenty powerful for it.

Yup, this is my thinking too regarding my 1080. I'm going to be tempted to get a 2080Ti but the cost just isn't going to be worth it to me personally. I've got other things I want to buy next year too, including a CV2 and a Yaw VR motion simulator so I think I'm going to stick with my 1080 for now.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Howcome everyone talks about going for 2080 TI at £1200?

Whats wrong with just going for a 2080 for £750? 

Seems to me that people just want to buy the ti just because they can but what is wrong with just going for a 2080 for half the price? Surely the 2080 is still an amazing card? They said it can do 4k and future proof for VR etc? That's the card I'm planning on buying. Why would you want or need better then a 2080?

Nvidia have been sneaky with this release. Usually something like a Geforce 2080Ti would come months after a Geforce 2080 and not be that much more money. By releasing the Geforce 2080Ti/Geforce2080, together, it has allowed them to slap another $500 on to a Geforce 2080Ti, which is a crazy price for a GeforceTi card.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
What we need is something akin to the HD4870. That really screwed nVidia and the silly high prices. Suddenly we could get great performing cards at half the price of the previous ones and nVidia had to drop their prices to even stay in the game.... just.

So come on, AMD - get yer finger out and give us a top performing, mid-priced card to knock nVidia back down to earth.

Unlikely, I know, but one can dream.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

Nvidia have been sneaky with this release. Usually something like a Geforce 2080Ti would come months after a Geforce 2080 and not be that much more money. By releasing the Geforce 2080Ti/Geforce2080, together, it has allowed them to slap another $500 on to a Geforce 2080Ti, which is crazy price for a GeforceTi card.

You and a number of people say this but are Nvidia that stupidly obvious? Y'all make it sound like the 2080Ti isn't worth it, is a card only worth half the asking price and Nvidia are agents of illusion despite their cunning plans being seen right through by most people. There has to be some merit in their pricing for this card to compliment the market they are aiming for (and don't just dismiss us lot as being mugs). 

I don't get the conspiracy theories, negativity and just plain hate levelled at Nvidia just because they are market leader and might have some questionable strategies with their marketing. But as pointed out, so do a lot of other companies including Oculus which most regulars here love to bits. I really enjoyed the 1080, then the 1080ti and never once felt like I was being ripped-off buying them when they first released. 

For me the 2080 Ti will be a great card and worth the money spent. I can clearly see it's not for everyone but the price is providing a platform for resentment from some sectors of the PC community which I can't really get behind. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think they are expensive now, wait till you see the pricing the scalpers are selling them for once they have received their orders...

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I don't get the conspiracy theories, negativity and just plain hate levelled at Nvidia just because they are market leader and might have some questionable strategies with their marketing. But as pointed out, so do a lot of other companies including Oculus which most regulars here love to bits. I really enjoyed the 1080, then the 1080ti and never once felt like I was being ripped-off buying them when they first released. 

For me the 2080 Ti will be a great card and worth the money spent. I can clearly see it's not for everyone but the price is providing a platform for resentment from some sectors of the PC community which I can't really get behind. 

I'm personally a big fan of Nvidia, and I'm happy to see them innovating. (Ray tracing is something I've played around with for 20 years, and to see it being done in real-time 60 fps is mighty impressive!)

For this release though, I'm not seeing enough value (for my own use) to justify the high price. If you're gaming at 4K, sure, I can understand that you're hungry for more power, but for me at 1440p, I'm comfortable to stick with my GTX1080 for another year.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Digikid1
Consultant

Brixmis said:

I would never spend £750 on a card. I would never spend £500 on a card. Even if I had the cash to throw away. There's a limit to how much I will allow companies to overcharge me, and I won't let them rip me off by that much.

I don't care how much research or technology has gone into it (that will likely be bugger-all use to me in any case). These cards could be a lot cheaper, but as long as the sheep of the world keep paying these silly prices, they won't come down.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

My allowance is £1,000 every other generation of GPU. That got me my Titan, 3 and a bit years ago and if the 2080 Ti drops to that price (I.e. Drops to its MSRP) then I'll probably buy it.

That £1,000 proved to be mighty good value 3 years ago as the card still runs everything, old games and new, at or near whatever settings I choose. All I need to decide is whether doing the same now will hold true for the next few years.

Don't see why it wouldn't really. Games devs tend to target their game's performance to that level of GPU upgrade cycle I've found.