New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

US bought GO, safe for use in the UK?

Combat_MedicCombat_Medic Posts: 3
NerveGear
I live in the United Kingdom but will be in the USA on vacation in September.  I would like to buy an Oculus GO whilst
I am there to take advantage of the much cheaper prices.  Will I be able to safely charge a US bought GO over here
in the UK?  Thank You for any advice.

Comments

• geebee666geebee666 Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Just chuck the charger in the garbage and use any USB charger with a 2 amp rating or similar, I use a 4.3 amp charger multi socket one in Oz. 

(Disclaimer) I have not bought a Go from USA but the charger is the only region specific item as a USB charger puts out 5 to 5.2 volts dc where ever is from as long as it is not a item specific fast charger which the Go one is not.

I don't know what would happen with warranty though as you are not in the country of purchase?

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 700
    3Jane
    I bought mine from Amazon US and the charger is multi voltage, 100/240v 60/50Hz.  All I needed to add was a US/Au adapter.  It works fine for me downunder.  No international warranty though so keep that in mind.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,229 Volunteer Moderator
    I doubt if you'll save that much mate, I'd buy in the UK then if something goes wrong at least you could take it back ;) are you a CMT?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • Combat_MedicCombat_Medic Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    I doubt if you'll save that much mate, I'd buy in the UK then if something goes wrong at least you could take it back ;) are you a CMT?
    Saving is around £50, so I think I'll go for the 32gb one until the next generation models appear.
     I was a CMT for 22 years.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,229 Volunteer Moderator
    Respect :) paramedic with LAS
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.