cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal - Looking Good

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Really pumped for this game before the gameplay, and now into the stratosphere. Really cool game. Some people were hoping for a VR version but looking at all the detail etc. I doubt that is going to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
57 REPLIES 57

Dilip
Rising Star

I doubt that is going to happen.

Why not isn't chasing technical hurdles and defying them a job of great programmer... They are not doing it just because they don't see it worth considering highly paid man hours it take to develop such thing v/s returns in term of small install base.

I absolutely loved Witcher 3 to the extent i have Gearalt T shirts and wolf medallion too, but when we talk they used nvidia proprietary Hair works and Fact that the game was bundled with GTX 960,970 and 980 make me believe nvidia might poured considerable amount over them for development.

So VR need push from established entities i hope someday FB Oculus will approch CD project red with some lucid proposal to build VR for them.. Instead putting money on Marvel Power United.. Please don't get me wrong its very very amazing game but online only with no story line and just wave killer with all powers result in death of almost similar foes again and again wares novelty factor very fast. Here hopes are very high from StromLand , seriously VR need something of Witcher 3 level ..

Why not just convince CD Project Red to re-release Witcher 3 in VR just like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice may be NVIDIA can throw their funds to justify GTX 2070 and bundle the VR Version with new cards..Is there any one from NVIDIA here????

Dilip
Rising Star
Nice discussion over why GTX 20 Series is better to be sidelined by say...almost ANYone

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-2080-2070-gaming-performance-50-faster-vs-pascal-but-is-it-w...

So nvidia need hard reasons for GTX 20XX investment from real gamers... Miners are always there with their
wide open kitty and of-course salivating mouth. (God curse crypto miners...if he is there ofcourse 😉 )

Genericat
Expert Protege
Just imagine a game like this in VR. Perhaps 5-10 years from now that could be a plausible situation.

Genericat
Expert Protege
Just imagine a game like this in VR. Perhaps 5-10 years from now that could be a plausible situation.

kojack
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

kojack said:

I saw a video of Doom where there was a menu at the start. Is the whole game just menus without any gameplay?
🙂

I'm not sure I haven't played it  😄

More seriously, the Witcher series does have a LOT of cutscenes, but there's a lot to do too. I wouldn't have put over 240 hours into a single play through (and not finished yet, tons of quests left) if there wasn't more to the game. This isn't Indigo Prophecy. 🙂 But if you don't like watching story in between the action and open world play, then this might not be the series for you.

The series changed a lot from W1 to W3. Looking back now, W1 looks almost like a cheap indie project. I mean, the running is laughable, Geralt moves like a Dalek. Plus in combat he waves his sword over his head like an idiot. But the character and story held it together. Witcher 2 and 3 are awesome.

Anyway, back to 2077.
It will be interesting to see how interactive they make the world. In a third person medieval rpg it's ok if you can't do much in an environment (light candles, sharpen sword and buff armor being the main things in the Witcher series). But in a futuristic first person game I'd want more interaction.

For the RTX stuff, Witcher 3 used a bunch of GameWorks features, like HairWorks, so they have a history of using new gfx tech. I wouldn't be surprised if either 2077 or a later enhanced edition had support for it.
(Although hairworks was crap, it was the single biggest framerate killed in that game)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Honestly, this looks like the best game ever. I'm so hype.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion
It has all the elements in a game I ever wanted:

RPG
Dystopia
GTAV style openworld
Witcher 3 style story and interactions (lots of sexy stuff too 😜 )
High end graphics
Elements of Ghost In the Shell

I would pre-order my pre-order if I could.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Dilip
Rising Star
These requirements tops my wish list to in exactly same order..

Witcher 3 style story and interactions (lots of sexy stuff too 😜 )
High end graphics

kojack
MVP
MVP

It does have a spider robot in the gameplay trailer, but sadly it's not Tachikoma-like. But maybe there's something like one in there. All games could benefit from giant sentient spider robots.

What I want to know more about is the hacking. Every future game tends to fail at good hacking. It usually becomes a very repetitive minigame, a simple progress bar time delay, a key-like tool or a resource.
From what I can see in the video for Cyberpunk, the only hacking they showed was the quick hack ability. They got into an entire enemy network and gained control by just jacking into a killed enemy, then they enabled quick hacking which lets them hack an enemy with just a progress bar. The network view looks cool, but there was zero hacking effort shown.
At the very least, I'd like to see a game with Uplink level hacking. That game did a good job of looking sufficiently hollywood while not being horribly unrealistic.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Wildt
Consultant
lol, people are getting banned from the discord channel for bringing up the subject of VR :lol:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb