cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

Nvidia have been sneaky with this release. Usually something like a Geforce 2080Ti would come months after a Geforce 2080 and not be that much more money. By releasing the Geforce 2080Ti/Geforce2080, together, it has allowed them to slap another $500 on to a Geforce 2080Ti, which is crazy price for a GeforceTi card.

You and a number of people say this but are Nvidia that stupidly obvious? Y'all make it sound like the 2080Ti isn't worth it, is a card only worth half the asking price and Nvidia are agents of illusion despite their cunning plans being seen right through by most people. There has to be some merit in their pricing for this card to compliment the market they are aiming for (and don't just dismiss us lot as being mugs). 

I don't get the conspiracy theories, negativity and just plain hate levelled at Nvidia just because they are market leader and might have some questionable strategies with their marketing. But as pointed out, so do a lot of other companies including Oculus which most regulars here love to bits. I really enjoyed the 1080, then the 1080ti and never once felt like I was being ripped-off buying them when they first released. 

For me the 2080 Ti will be a great card and worth the money spent. I can clearly see it's not for everyone but the price is providing a platform for resentment from some sectors of the PC community which I can't really get behind. 

Nobody said anybody was a mug. I'm happy for the people who can afford to purchase a Geforce 2080Ti. Also, it's not a conspiracy theory. The Geforce 1080Ti was released months after the Geforce1080 for $699, which was a similar price to the Geforce 1080 at launch. I was just giving my opinion why I thought they had released them all at the same time this time..

BToby
Honored Guest
wm83b4ywtaqo.png

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
What's the point of your post? Doesn't show which country, which dealer, if tax is included etc....?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

@BToby thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. Can you add a link to that website? thanks

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Could be Newegg ?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Gtx208...
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

mmm could be. The prices appear to be the same, my Newegg free shipping doesn't show up in green with a little van but could just be a browser specific thing.

LZoltowski
Champion
Sheesh, you can pick up a 1080Ti for £629 .... almost half the price of a 2080Ti ... sweet lord.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, it's good to see the 1080Ti getting down to a more affordable price. I'm seeing one 1080Ti (MSI Armor) for $849 CAD (same price I paid for my 1080 at release, and half the price of a 2080Ti), but my preferred model (EVGA SC) is still around $1000 CAD. (Not that I'd really bother with a 1080Ti at this point, my next upgrade will be an RTX.)

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Sheesh, you can pick up a 1080Ti for £629 .... almost half the price of a 2080Ti ... sweet lord.

For VR, maybe the best thing is that prices for GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti now seem to be dropping. This way more persons will be able to better enjoy - or adopt - VR.

I guess to most people RTX doesn't make much sense - I've seen prices for Asus RTX 2080 Ti at $1600-1700. And 2.5 to 2.7 slots custom coolers seem weird too (some card makers have 2 slots custom RTX coolers, but then these cards typically are extremely long - more than 310 mm and don't fit in many smaller cases). 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti both use max 250 watts - why do we need bigger or better coolers for the 2080 Ti? My guess is that the change from 16nm to 12nm concentrates more heat and possibly causes higher temps making it necessary to provide better cooling (Nvidia normally doesn't use 2 fans on FE, now they do) - but it's just a guess. 

About 50% of my VR games perform perfectly at 90 fps using maxed setting plus ss 2.0! - These games will gain absolutely nothing by upgrading to 2080 (Ti). I've already completed Lone Echo, Robinson and more - so primarily if I got a RTX card, I might notice it in Seeking Dawn, Arizona Sunshine and Hellblade VR. But paying $1000+ to get minor improvements doesn't necessarily make much sense -  if at all - that is, maybe RTX won't lift me from 45 to 90 fps in all games (to be sure I'll need RTX to be 100% faster than 1080 and it probably won't be). Then there're other RTX improvements, but when VR games arrive that you're dying to play and that really utilize ray-tracing etc, better cards than RTX 2080 (Ti) may be available. My old rule, first important software, then hardware  B)    

In short, I think we should collect our RTX upgrade money and send it to people in need in Africa - they need it much more than Nvidia  😉 o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
A Geforce 1080Ti isn't really coming down in price when you consider it's launch price. It's just dropping to the price it was at launch..

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidias-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-is-finally-here/