cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go calibration

fasthall
Honored Guest
My Oculus Go's view is tilted about 10 degrees counterclockwise. Reset view doesn't reset tilting. Is there anyway to calibrate it?
22 REPLIES 22

cybereality
Grand Champion
The reset view feature is mainly for yaw (left and right rotation). For tilt (also know as roll) it won't work well for small rotations. If it's a large shift, it can work (like 30 degrees) but smaller amounts will just snap to be level. If this default is wrong, it may indicate a hardware issue or some sort of mis-calibration. You should contact us in that case. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
How did this get sorted ? Same problem here...I can only correct the tilt if I use big angles but what good is that ? What's weird is after I take off my GO my view has become tilted the other way, horrible !

lelbron
Honored Guest

How did this get sorted ? Same problem here...I can only correct the tilt if I use big angles but what good is that ? What's weird is after I take off my GO my view has become tilted the other way, horrible !

I'm having the same problem. My Oculus go is titled left 10 degrees, and after I take off my headset my real world vision is starting to look like that as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I heard back from support but they want pictures with a camera apparently, seems impossible to me to show what's going on like that. So I took some screenshots...
All the people here seem to have that counter-clockwise (left) 10° tilt so hopefully there's some kind of patching they can do OTA or at least with a file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok someone here must no I can't believe those with the 10° tilt problem just gave up ! Support had me uninstall and reinstall the Oculus Home app for Android...obviously that did not help whatsoever !

Anonymous
Not applicable
The silence is deafening ! Did everyone with the problem just give up ? Support has been useless...

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't believe there is a software fix. If it turns out of the hardware is miscalibrated, you may need a replacement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Bjoessi
Explorer
This post was about poor calibration but I have edited  and removed all the text because I believe I have been analyzing the situation incorrectly. I will write an update if my new support ticket results in something constructive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah no whenever I try to re calibrate it straight on, it is tilted just slightly to the left. Dropping money on vr is a good bit even if the Go is the cheapest model. Hopefully this can be fixed or I'm going have to take it back which would be much too bad because I have been enjoying it very much and I was really looking forward to buying this when I did.

Rswn
Honored Guest
Ifasthall said:

My Oculus Go's view is tilted about 10 degrees counterclockwise. Reset view doesn't reset tilting. Is there anyway to calibrate it?

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Go. There are IMU Calibration Tool for Rift available. I hope Oculus Team can provide such tool for Go too. Or at least giving an option in the Settings to manually adjust the tilt value.

Is anyone having updates from the support ticket regarding this issue?
For me, the +/- 10 degree tilt is very noticeable and really breaks the immersion.

I hope Oculus Team can take this issue seriously and came up with some solution as soon as possible.

Thanks.