cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

A Geforce 1080Ti isn't really coming down in price when you consider it's launch price. It's just dropping to the price it was at launch..

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidias-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-is-finally-here/

You're probably right - due to the miners prices have been up for so long I've forgotten the original price. Still some 1080 Ti cards seem to have dropped about $200 - 300 since the RTX launch, hopefully that's good for something...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

A Geforce 1080Ti isn't really coming down in price when you consider it's launch price. It's just dropping to the price it was at launch..

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidias-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-is-finally-here/

You're probably right - due to the miners prices have been up for so long I've forgotten the original price. Still some 1080 Ti cards seem to have dropped about $200 - 300 since the RTX launch, hopefully that's good for something...

Yes, it's a good thing, but I wouldn't pay that price for a card that's much older and has about $50 knocked of it's launch price to date. I've never looked at AMD Cards before, but I think that's the route I'm going to have to look at from now given my budget and Nvidia's pricing. I can wait though because I'd only be getting the card for the CV2. I currently game at 1080p and my Geforce 1080 is capable of VR and 1080p at present..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/benchmark-shows-rtx-2080-better-performance-gtx-1080-ti/

Hmmmm ???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Cheapest yet ? = https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-11GB-GAMING-OC/113224133476?epid=12018707519&hash=item1a5caf2b64:g:Sh8AAOSwtcZbg~6y

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Techy - I am expecting the Geforce 2080 to be about the same as a Geforce 1080Ti, which makes me wonder why the Geforce 1080Ti is still priced high. Maybe it will drop to something reasonable once the Geforce 2080's hit the shelves. I reckon the Geforce 2080Ti will be about 30% quicker then the Geforce 1080Ti. I'm looking forward to the real bench tests..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I agree mate, my order of the 2080TI can be cancelled 3 days before posting, so I'll get to see benchmarks before I bite......but those 1080TI's are a dropping 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm starting to wonder if the Geforce 7nm are going to be $2000, with the prices the way they are..

Greyman
Superstar

Techy111 said:

She didn't speak to me yesterday mate lol slowly oh so slowly coming around today, buying her a curry tonight but she says that is nowhere near enough  😕

I've got a suggestion.

Just tell her that in lieu of her next 3 years birthday presents, Christmas presents and maybe even anniversary presents and in the spirit of romance, it would be really sweet to see another 2080ti sat in your PC, alongside the one you have just bought.  🙂

Congratulations
Adventurer
Why buy GPU that no one knows how much better 20 series is better than 10 series?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Geforce 7nm are going to be $2000, with the prices the way they are..

Exactly - Volta cards did even go higher, but it's not for gamers. Last evening using the CV1 I couldn't help thinking that my oc'ed 1080 was a nice match for the quality I'm experiencing in current VR games - that is, the CV1 resolution is limited, there're god rays and if you look for it the SDE is quite noticeable - and not to forget the grey fog (spud - lack of true OLED blacks). I couldn't help thinking that - unless some awesome VR game arrives soon - maybe it's better to wait for the CV2 and then consider what hardware I'll need to run the CV2 optimally. If we're going beyond 2k, I'd like a more high-res HMD with close to no SDE - and not just a new shiny turbo-motor to drive the old car... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"