New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Demo with the wow factor

feefmacfeefmac Posts: 4
NerveGear
I started off with a Gear VR, and found the demo "Introduction to Virtual Reality" was quite good to show friends the potential, without getting into apps which you really need to spend time in to get to understand.  It wasn't a perfect demo, as the resolution was lacking slightly but it was OK.
Now I have a Go, and I'm disappointed to find the equivalent app isn't available, and in the one I can find "Welcome to Virtual Reality"  the graphics are very basic compared to what you can get in other Go apps.

What do you use to give a 5 minute demo to a friend?  Has anyone found anything really impressive?

Comments

• desivdesiv Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    I don't have a single quick app...
    Henry
    Dead and Buried
    Ocean Rift
    Republique VR

If there is only time for one, Ocean Rift (or sometimes Henry depending on the person).
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,650 Volunteer Moderator
    Coaster Combat

it's super simple, you just point and press ... no need to explain a story or anything, start them off at level 1 and then go to the Alpine level for some "OMG!!!", each track is like a minute or so long.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Face Your Fears is good for demos. The Cirque du Soleil videos can work too.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    The new/updated Jurassic Park Blue is very good now.
  • faxtolderfaxtolder Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    After the last update the Jurassic Park Blue demo has slowed down a lot on my GO... Is it just on mine? Chapters are not divided anymore, the episode has to be played in full now and maybe 3 Gb of footage are too heavy to be run altogether... Both sound and images keep glitching slightly all the time... It’s a pity because it’s by far the most impressive demo I’ve seen on the GO!
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,447
    Project 2501
    'Smash Hit' tends to live up to its name when I demo it to people. :wink:
    Achieving Mass Adoption and improving the quality of entry-level VR is ALWAYS going to take priority over pandering to wealthy tech nerds and their insatiable demand for higher specs.